Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

IONITY - charging / fees / tips

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

73c, what a joke. Double the price per km of a diesel or hybrid. Prepare to be gouged I guess.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

ELM327 wrote: »
    AFAIK it's now chargepoint at 63c

Just checked my Chargepoint App and it does not have Ionity selected to be usable with Chargepoint App?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

mp3guy wrote: »
    73c, what a joke. Double the price per km of a diesel or hybrid. Prepare to be gouged I guess.

You'd almost think the backers of Ionity would prefer to discourage EV adoption in Europe.....

But thats just tin foil hat thinking...

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

slave1 wrote: »
    Just checked my Chargepoint App and it does not have Ionity selected to be usable with Chargepoint App?

Very much selectable on the app for me. 64c, waiting for me to hit "start charge".

Interesting to see what price ESB come up with for their new 150kW (psyc! 75kW when a leaf shows up) chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Very much selectable on the app for me. 64c, waiting for me to hit "start charge".

Interesting to see what price ESB come up with for their new 150kW (psyc! 75kW when a leaf shows up) chargers.

im guessing higher than 73c/kw :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I think if I had bought a non Tesla and non Ionity backed EV (I'm looking at you IPace, for instance) I'd be very pissed right now.

Its annoying because I used to use Ionity Gorey a lot but I guess now I won't be. Not at those prices.

I'm not the usual hysterical type of poster to come out with "IM SeLLiNg mY Ev BeCaUSe of ThiS NOnSEnse" but I am looking around at petrol barges today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Can't fill up with diesel or petrol at home though, I suppose is the point.

MJohnston wrote: »
    True, but it still irks me to pay 30-40 quid for a atopup of electricity that gets me less far than 30-40 quid of fossil fuel used to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Yeah really it's those with smaller batteries and extra long trips that get screwed over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

I think if I had bought a non Tesla and non Ionity backed EV (I'm looking at you IPace, for instance) I'd be very pissed right now.

Its annoying because I used to use Ionity Gorey a lot but I guess now I won't be. Not at those prices.

I'm not the usual hysterical type of poster to come out with "IM SeLLiNg mY Ev BeCaUSe of ThiS NOnSEnse" but I am looking around at petrol barges today.

Get a Phev:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Yeah really it's those with smaller batteries and extra long trips that get screwed over here.

or those with big batteried inefficient evs :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

So is this just another 'screw the paddies' thing. The prices on their website aren't anywhere near these figures. :mad:

https://www.maingau-energie.de/e-mobilit%C3%A4t/Autostrom-Tarif#preismodell

Although it looks like they're changing to a per minute and per kWh pricing model from 1/9/20

Nothing for me, I've no payment method setup, maybe that's it?
    Just to be 100%, the chargepoint app as below?

a74ded9821eecb237b4e7e54c81a7e86.jpg

So is this just another 'screw the paddies' thing. The prices on their website aren't anywhere near these figures. :mad:

You didn't scroll down

You didn't scroll down

It looks like they're increasing their prices for other providers, and giving in on the Ionity price.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Although it looks like they're changing to a per minute and per kWh pricing model from 1/9/20

It's quoting 73.11c per kw for Ionity which is what the email received today says?

kanuseeme wrote: »
    Get a Phev:D:D:D:D
    No way , if I'm moving from tyhe tesla it's something like this

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-excursion-4x4-6-8l-v10/25671918

It looks like they're increasing their prices for other providers, and giving in on the Ionity price.

Ionity isn't an Irish-only system though, so it's not "screw the paddies" as you suggested.

Ionity isn't an Irish-only system though, so it's not "screw the paddies" as you suggested.

Yes, my profuse apologies to all who read the post. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Only use Ionity once or twice a year when doing a big trip so won't affect me much - home charge or use free non esb chargers otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Correct. Screenshot of mine below. I've no payment method set either. Just downloaded and registered today.

image.png
    create image url

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The more people who say its a ridiculous price and refuse to use Ionity the better.... more space for the rest of us! :D

I don't think you'll have any issue with queues at Ionity, you can have them all to yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

yeah, say I use 25kwh to get to the one in Kill. Thats 150km for €18.47 or €12.31 per 100km.
    Its 125.6 next door to me for unleaded, So thats close to 10L/100km.

Feck that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Rotary939

Try changing your filter (three dot icon on top right of map screen) to include "DC Fast -Combo" and Ionity chargers will appear. Did for me anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Kramer wrote: »
    It was apparent weeks ago Maingau's price would rise as they were the last MSP offering a reduced rate. It's hugely disappointing though that there will be no reasonable rate for Ionity charging.

I posted that three weeks ago - I had a premonition :pac:.

It's mad though - put in huge & costly infrastructure & then price it to ensure no one will use it.
    Imagine how CCS EV owners felt, short on charge, passing by banks of Tesla superchargers, all unused, while they crawled along to the next, single ECars fast charger, praying it wasn't broken, ICEd or blocked by a Leaf.

It'll be the same now, passing by 4 stall Ionity chargers, unused, as they are so ridiculously expensive.

Backwards we're going, backwards I tell you :D.

My next car will likely be a 3 litre straight 6 PHEV.

No way , if I'm moving from tyhe tesla it's something like this

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-excursion-4x4-6-8l-v10/25671918

That's not what I had in mind, I was thinking of a more like BMW 5 series, X5 xDrive45e or a Mercedes GLE 350 de.

If your going that way I'd suggest this https://www.usadscenter.com/2002-Ford-Excursion-Pawtucket-214087 , easy to find parking in the empty ionity bays.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Kramer wrote: »
    My next car will likely be a 3 litre straight 6 PHEV.
    kanuseeme wrote: »
    That's not what I had in mind, I was thinking of a more like BMW 5 series, X5 xDrive45e

:cool:.

An E-Tron, 30kWh/100km wouldn't be unreasonable on a motorway run at 120km/h.
    At Ionity, that's 22c/km :eek:

That's equivalent to 18l/100km in an ICE or 15mpg :eek:.

If I had Ionity on my property, I would be looking for another service provider like easygo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Really struggling to see how they will remain commercially viable......
    Also they are going to give fecking ecars notions about what they can charge for their 150 chargers..
    So all in all, bad news, even if you don't use em

Advertisement