Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

IONITY - charging / fees / tips

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

eagerv wrote: »
    Was at Cashel today ...

Snap.

1 was ICE'd when I arrived ~3pm. The other 3 were free and I got a healthy 100kW from it and 82kW average over 24mins... nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

KCross wrote: »
    I got a healthy 100kW from it and 82kW average over 24mins... nice!

33kWh approx so which would be €26 for a "paying" customer.
    That'd get a Model 3 approx 160km up the motorway so 16c/km :eek:.

Almost 3 times what a modern diesel would cost & exactly double what my turbocharged, 250+ bhp, 5 series petrol PHEV costs, running exclusively on petrol.

It's a pity Ionity are just so damn expensive :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Snap.

1 was ICE'd when I arrived ~3pm. The other 3 were free and I got a healthy 100kW from it and 82kW average over 24mins... nice!

They should really do something about that , it’s not on that fast chargers are being blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Snap.

Pity I left before you arrived, would have liked to meet the great KC..:D

My speed was only half yours, as I expected. Didn't actually need to charge at all, only did 200km today. But wanted to try when I was in the area...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Kramer wrote: »
    33kWh approx so which would be €26 for a "paying" customer.
    That'd get a Model 3 approx 160km up the motorway so 16c/km :eek:.

Almost 3 times what a modern diesel would cost & exactly double what my turbocharged, 250+ bhp, 5 series petrol PHEV costs, running exclusively on petrol.

It's a pity Ionity are just so damn expensive :(.

I hear what you are saying, but for me anyway, the price is not that important. There is no way I will be filling up the car at Ionity when my free period is finished:). But it will be very convenient for a quick 100km or whatever to get me home when needed.

• Advertisement

I hear what you are saying, but for me anyway, the price is not that important. There is no way I will be filling up the car at Ionity when my free period is finished:). But it will be very convenient for a quick 100km or whatever to get me home when needed.

For sure. Its the peace of mind as well that there are 4 chargers there that makes it worth it.

I've used Ionity a few times over the last few months and twice one of the chargers wouldnt work so I just hopped to the next one and it worked away. Thats worth the premium all day long relative to single point of failure from eCars!

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

For sure. Its the peace of mind as well that there are 4 chargers there that makes it worth it.

I've used Ionity a few times over the last few months and twice one of the chargers wouldnt work so I just hopped to the next one and it worked away. Thats worth the premium all day long relative to single point of failure from eCars!

So... We only use them because some times there's no other option. What a selling point!

I too would happily use them for the very few times I'd need to, but if ecars is available I'd use them. Granted, the 68kW I'd get from ionity Vs the 45kW I get from ecars on a 28kWh battery means the only real difference i see is the price. Time saved is minimal... Unless ecars is occupied

So... We only use them because some times there's no other option. What a selling point!

Get used to it I'd say.

Ionity and eCars is all we will get for the forseeable. You would need very deep pockets and a very long term business plan to go up against Ionity and eCars in this country now, particularly with alot of the prime motorway spots already spoken for.

Get used to it I'd say.

Ionity and eCars is all we will get for the forseeable. You would need very deep pockets and a very long term business plan to go up against Ionity and eCars in this country now, particularly with alot of the prime motorway spots already spoken for.

God speed easy go (who claim 2021 will be a busy year for them). Fair play to them though, SuperValu units, a few in colleges, one in West Cork expanding the reaches of Cork. They have their problems, but I hope they can do good things with their phone box deal with eir

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Was at Cashel today, my first time at the Ionity there.

Not the best Ionity I have been to:), busy at lunch time. It was ICEd by 3 cars when I was there, one left just before the Model 3 pulled in.

That's very normal down there.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Absolutely delighted!

Ionity have opened a new charging station at Chippenham on the M4 in the UK. This is about halfway on my regular run to across the UK to visit my daughter. When we get to travel again it will really change the drive for me.

Previously, I had to head for Membury services and Ecotricity charging, a single CCS charger that is not at all reliable. Last time I did the trip in January I needed a 45 minute stop, which was OK as that was time enough to get some food. But this meant arriving at my destination around 7pm. Now with Ionity and my new 125kW charging ID.3 - when I get it - I can just do a 12 minute top up at Chippenham (according to ABRP). Meaning that I can get to my destination and be in time for tea! 12 minutes charge to travel 618kms isn't too bad.

^^ while it means nothing to me (I'll never use that unit) it makes me happy to see these little wins for people. One less "well because I drive electric I've this inconvenience" for nay sayers to rabble on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

I came across a new provider who claims 45c/kWh at Ionity. https://mvv.chargecloud.de I've signed up and the process was similar to Maingau. Post code needs to be in XXX XXXX (note the space). I used chrome on PC. As payment method accepts only SEPA. The Android app is for German market but it works on browser. I've created a shortcut to home. Unfortunately I can't test it for obvious reasons but if you live nearby Ionity let us know.
    More about the company on wiki
    538101.jpg

innrain wrote: »
    I came across a new provider who claims 45c/kWh at Ionity. https://mvv.chargecloud.de I've signed up and the process was similar to Maingau. Post code needs to be in XXX XXXX (note the space). I used chrome on PC. As payment method accepts only SEPA. The Android app is for German market but it works on browser. I've created a shortcut to home. Unfortunately I can't test it for obvious reasons but if you live nearby Ionity let us know.
    More about the company on wiki

The country won't change from Germany. Did you just ignore this and carry on?

It opens like a new window
    attachment.php?attachmentid=538106&stc=1&d=1609674223

It opens like a new window
    attachment.php?attachmentid=538106&stc=1&d=1609674223

I selected Ireland in that window, but it didn't change from Germany on the form.

It does it for me

538108.png

It does it for me

538108.png
    I'm on Firefox now. I see it does't in Chrome

Thanks, I'll try another browser.

Seems to have gone through with Brave. Did you get a confirmation e-mail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Got registered and used revolut as my payment method

• Registered Users Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Would love for someone to give this a go and confirm the rate of €0.45/kWh

Seems to have gone through with Brave. Did you get a confirmation e-mail?
    No email to confirm account.

It will be nice to see if it's working tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Can anyone do a quick recap please? I've never used Ionity, but I do have the app, can login to it and it has my payment method, but it says it will charge €0.73 / kWh

There is no point anymore in using another app like Maingau to get this rate down? And no, I do not own a VW ID.3, I know they can charge cheaper at Ionity (and with some free credit too)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

unkel wrote: »
    C
    There is no point anymore in using another app like Maingau to get this rate down?

thats what this purports to be ;)

Cyrus wrote: »
    thats what this purports to be ;)

Well charge point app is 64c/kWh. It's at least somewhat cheaper than ionity

Well charge point app is 64c/kWh. It's at least somewhat cheaper than ionity
    The Ionity app preauth 80 quid for each session. If you have some failed ones you end up quickly with some good chunk of you cc blocked. It takes about 7 days to clear.

https://support.ionity.eu/en/payment-billing/why-is-my-credit-card-paypal-account-pre-authorised

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The Ionity app preauth 80 quid for each session. If you have some failed ones you end up quickly with some good chunk of you cc blocked. It takes about 7 days to clear.

https://support.ionity.eu/en/payment-billing/why-is-my-credit-card-paypal-account-pre-authorised
    ANyone using the direct ionity app needs their head examined.
    Chargepoint is cheaper. Not the maingau saving but still better than 80c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Backwards they are going. Are they trying to make ICE cars more affordable or something?:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

kanuseeme wrote: »
    Backwards they are going. Are they trying to make ICE cars more affordable or something?:D:D:D

Do we need to remind people again that Ionity don't want to play in the B2C space

Advertisement