Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

IONITY - charging / fees / tips

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

From the email, they haven't forgot you, they just can't be bothered running a data migration project :D
    What you should know:

Deactivation and subsequent deletion of your account.
    With the shutdown of the previous app, along with the background technical processes associated with it, your existing account will be deactivated on June 30th,2021 and deleted by us at the end of September 2021 or, depending on the statutory retention periods, within the corresponding period. Accounts that cannot be deleted immediately will be kept separately from further processing for each client and function for as long as we need to keep them, in compliance with data protection regulations. You do not have to do anything further yourself. Please note: In order to enable you to exercise your right to data portability under Article 20 of the GDPR within a reasonable timeframe, all accounts will be initially deactivated, with deletion generally occurring at the end of September 2021.
    If you have any questions or would like to exert the rights of data subjects in accordance with the GDPR, please contact our data protection officer at: privacy@ionity.eu

You have to reregister to use the new app.
    We had to make some radical changes to our system for the new IONITY app. This also applies to how the account is managed. So you can use our charging range with the new IONITY app, you will have to reregister. You can conveniently do this directly in the new app. You can find the exact details of the processing of your personal data in connection with the new IONITY app at any time at https://privacy.ionity.eu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

I downloaded the new app and it doesn't recognise my old login details. To sign up again, I need to provide e-mail, name, mobile phone number and credit card details.

Following the recent HSE clusterfuck, I'm reluctant to provide this info to a supplier that should have it already. Meanwhile the old app is still working.

Am I just too paranoid? :P
    I skipped the add payment step. Anyway I've created a virtual card in revolut specially for these accounts. Another layer I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Was over in Kill North this morning just to test the new app. Don't like getting caught in need of it en route somewhere.

So the app wouldn't find any chargers, rebooted the phone, checked permissions, nothing.
    Would scan the code on the charger but say "no chargers found"

Had 78% in my Model 3 so wasn't too upset, went in for coffee in Circle K and came back out to a curious veteran Leaf owner who was also checking Ionity out. Has an E-Niro as well so wondering if it was a valid option for him.

Showed him the app (masked up) and then it was working, all went well no issues.
    73c which was quite surprising to him but its always an option.

Good chat, great community.

Edit : just checked the app, still a bit strange, defo put 5% in earlier costing ~€2.80, dont remember how many Kw, says I didn't put in any and it has only changed me €1

Edit 2 : finally gone through 4 hours later €2.05 , nothing on the ionity app though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

I'm currently at Kill North and was here on Friday too. Charger No 2 is still free to charge from. Just plug in and it starts by itself. No payment or We-charge card required ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

So, what's the consensus on the current cheapest app/vendor to charge?

ChargePoint I had used is now 79c...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

McGiver wrote: »
    So, what's the consensus on the current cheapest app/vendor to charge?

ChargePoint I had used is now 79c...

Lade tustrom. 59c/kWh. Search this thread for "tustrom", I likely put details on how I registered.

The app still says 59 ct/kWh but they charged me more. around 72c/kWh.
    556442.png
    I did a test to see the charging speed. I would probably challenge to transaction at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

innrain wrote: »
    The app still says 59 ct/kWh but they charged me more. around 72c/kWh.

Yeah, I had read they had upped it to 72c & noticed the app showed 59c.
    I used them when it was 31c & all went well.

€34 for 200km odd, stings :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Kramer wrote: »
    Yeah, I had read they had upped it to 72c & noticed the app showed 59c.
    I used them when it was 31c & all went well.

€34 for 200km odd, stings :(.

Jesus that is criminal!! Diesel at 139.9 and doing 50mpg would work out around €16!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

mfceiling wrote: »
    Jesus that is criminal!! Diesel at 139.9 and doing 50mpg would work out around €16!!
    Difference is with the diesel it's always that price. The Ionity while a rip off is worth paying if you only do a handful of long trips a year and have small kids, in a rush etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Difference is with the diesel it's always that price. The Ionity while a rip off is worth paying if you only do a handful of long trips a year and have small kids, in a rush etc..

That's true I suppose. Would many people use Ionity in Ireland? If they don't get used too often on account of them being frightfully expensive then surely they won't expand their network in Ireland. That means we lose out as EV drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Would many people use Ionity in Ireland?

15 months of EV ownership and I’ve never used Ionity….. I’ve passed plenty of them, I have a Maingau & ChargePoint card but only treat it as an absolute last resort……

Happy to have it there as a back up option, and happy to pay their high prices if there’s ever a rare situation I need to rely on it.

If arriving at a site where there is an eCars unit alongside the Ionity (and it’s available), I’d use the eCars unit.

556450.jpeg

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I've used ionity 5 times. An €8 flat rate back in the days of free ecars charging late at night coming back from IKEA. Bloody leaf finished charging as I walked into circlek. The rest went maingau and 1 chargepoint charge. Annoyingly my chargepoint account has credit on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tigerbalm_eu

FWIW, I use Ionity quite a bit when road-tripping. I get it at 33c from my car manufacturer membership – which I think is okay. Well, I knew what I was getting into before purchasing the car. Since lockdown relaxing I've been to Ionity's a few places with all four units in use.

I'm one who wishes they do build more. I also lobby EU Transport Commission to provide equal pricing to all drivers (like carbon-based fuels), pricing visible from the road and an end to granting planning for manufacture-only charging parks (Tesla).

As EV ownership expands, we need equality of charging access and pricing.

That's true I suppose. Would many people use Ionity in Ireland? If they don't get used too often on account of them being frightfully expensive then surely they won't expand their network in Ireland. That means we lose out as EV drivers.
    For the frequent user there are solution. Do you have friends with EVs? not only Netflix can be shared ;) I'll be getting myself a German address soon.

It's more than 300 km for 48 kWh but who is counting. I didn't need it the whole lot but I wanted to test the charging speed of the new car. They were the closest HPC after the failed attempt @J14. Did I mention the petrol was 1.6/l?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

I have used Ionity at Gorey about 25 times now. Only ever seen 1 other car there (E-Tron). Often others at the ECars beside.
    Free for me atm (ID.3) but even when have to pay will still use for convenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

eagerv wrote: »
    I have used Ionity at Gorey about 25 times now. ....

Free for me atm (ID.3) but even when have to pay will still use for convenience.

You are determined to burn through that free 2000kWh's! :)

How much have you used?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hogan86

KCross wrote: »

How much have you used?

How did you manage to get 2000KWh’s free with the ID.3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

hogan86 wrote: »
    How did you manage to get 2000KWh’s free with the ID.3 ?

It was given to the "first movers"... i.e. those who bought the ID.3 1st edition.... it was upfront compensation for the fact that the car had known software issues.

We got other incentives also.. free service plan OR a free VW charge point.... worth €700-€1k.

If you went PCP you got the first 3 payments for free.

To be fair the software was fairly crap at that time. The car still drove but the dashboard randomly lit up like a christmas tree with faults so I think it was fair compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Used it once to test it out, haven't needed it but I haven't done any long trips in the ID.4 which required a fast charge

I agree that Ionity in Ireland probably isn't going to do great in the near term. One of the problems is that there's a good few deals available to other countries which aren't available or difficult to get here in Ireland

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

KCross wrote: »

How much have you used?

Just over half..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Are all the Ionity units in Ireland the same model?

I see in Bjorns latest video that some units show the speed/volts/amps/time on the unit screen as well as having a light at the top to indicate if it's operational and a light bar running up the side showing the SoC of the car battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

No. I think there are 3 different variants. The newest units in Kill are the ones in Bjorns video as you describe. These are 350kW capable.
    Then the oldest sites have super old units that are 150kW max. I think Cashel and Gorey fall into this. From memory (I dont use citynorth or athlone much) they are a different unit as well that are also 150kW max.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭wassie

I think they are 350kW these days

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Cashel is definitely not 350kW capable, I was there less than a month ago and it is still the old units plated for 150kW max output. Same story in Gorey.

ELM327 wrote: »
    No. I think there are 3 different variants. The newest units in Kill are the ones in Bjorns video as you describe. These are 350kW capable.
    Then the oldest sites have super old units that are 150kW max. I think Cashel and Gorey fall into this. From memory (I dont use citynorth or athlone much) they are a different unit as well that are also 150kW max.

City North uses tritium units that don't show any information about charging speed, so I think they're older units too

Which is somewhat annoying because it's a fairly new site, it was built just before Kill AFAIK

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

ELM327 wrote: »

Athlone are 350kW capable, no idea what they are actually providing

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

slave1 wrote: »
    Athlone are 350kW capable, no idea what they are actually providing

Fiver says it's not 350kW :pac::pac::D

Fiver says it's not 350kW :pac::pac::D

That's a pretty easy bet to win since not even the Taycan can take 350kW :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭wassie

Just checked the Ionity & Plugshare apps there at various locations. All locations state 'up to 350kW'....looks like they Ionity dont disclose what they actually are anywhere.

Advertisement