Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Africa, ANC wants expropriation without compensation

• 02-08-2019 9:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

For the farmers in SA this means their land is taken from them with no compensation.

The last country to try this was Zimbabwe, once the breadbasket of Africa, now just a basket case.

Dutch parliament have spoken out against this recently, and hopefully some other countries will follow.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Im not as familiar with this story, Ive heard bits and bobs about state sanctioned violence against farmers. Any tips on who/ what to google on this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I feel for the white farmers but I’m conflicted. The British and Dutch did take their lands and tried to suppress the native African population for over 100 years.

Since they weren’t able to gain a majority. The native majority are now taking it back. I have no doubt that this would have happened in all the colonised countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Realistically it looks like there is no future for whites in South Africa.
    Expropriation without compensation has been mooted for a while now and ultimately will probably happen.
    Tens of thousands of whites have been murdered in the last few decades and in the most inhuman, horrific fashion. Far beyond the worst horror film, in almost unimaginable ways. Boiling children to death for example.

This has mostly been ignored by the Western media and sadly most whites seeking refugee status have been denied on account of the crimes against whites 'not being racially motivated' when they clearly are.

The future is extremely bleak for whites and unless there is some kind of secession or new state formed then evacuation is the only answer long term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

mad muffin wrote: »
    I feel for the white farmers but I’m conflicted. The British and Dutch did take their lands and tried to suppress the native African population for over 100 years.

Since they weren’t able to gain a majority. The native majority are now taking it back. I have no doubt that this would have happened in all the colonised countries.

Yeah but that was their ancestors. Its like blaming white people for slavery in America or Germans for Hitler. Different generation..

Its not the native majority though, millions of people from all over Africa have poured in since the end of apartheid, they are not native.

• Advertisement

Yeah but that was their ancestors. Its like blaming white people for slavery in America or Germans for Hitler. Different generation..

I’m not blaming them. It’s just a reality. They are a minority in a country their ancestors tried to take. The native population want it back. Have taken it back. And the white descendants are suffering for their forbears sins.

Its not the native majority though, millions of people from all over Africa have poured in since the end of apartheid, they are not native.

You know what I mean though. Im not condoning it but it is a reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭satguy

If the push out all the white farmers, and take their farms.
    Then in 5 years time they will asking for food aid, and help from the US and the EU.

Bob might have to do another Live Aid ??

You know what I mean though. Im not condoning it but it is a reality.

I agree, whatever way you want to look at it, and regardless of right and wrong, it will happen and white farmers will be dispossessed. I can't see any other outcome. I think they should be granted refugee status within the Eu but that doesn't look likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If we assume SA will go the way of Zimbabwe - Zim are now going to compensate farmers that lost land.
    Ninety-three white farmers whose land was expropriated in Zimbabwe during former president Robert Mugabe’s rule have received US$64.4 million (€57.7 million) in state compensation since 2009, the country’s finance minister has told state-run media.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/africa/white-farmers-in-zimbabwe-get-64m-in-state-compensation-1.3896055

Robert Mugabe’s agrarian policy saw up to 4,000 farmers removed from their land

It would just be easier for ANC to learn from Zimbabwe and not make the same mistake as their neighbours did so recently...

• Advertisement

I agree, whatever way you want to look at it, and regardless of right and wrong, it will happen and white farmers will be dispossessed. I can't see any other outcome. I think they should be granted refugee status within the Eu but that doesn't look likely.

They definitely should be repatriated to Great Britain or the Netherlands. When I was working in London, I was working with a guy from Zimbabwe. He and his family got the hell out of there when the **** hit the fan. He was granted a British passport through his ancestry.

biko wrote: »
    If we assume SA will go the way of Zimbabwe - Zim are now going to compensate farmers that lost land.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/africa/white-farmers-in-zimbabwe-get-64m-in-state-compensation-1.3896055

Robert Mugabe’s agrarian policy saw up to 4,000 farmers removed from their land

It would just be easier for ANC to learn from Zimbabwe and not make the same mistake as their neighbours did so recently...

Some members of Govt haven't seemed to learn any lessons at all, Finance Minister Nhlanhla Nene has said that they will 'print money and make everyone rich'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Realistically it looks like there is no future for whites in South Africa.
    Expropriation without compensation has been mooted for a while now and ultimately will probably happen.
    Tens of thousands of whites have been murdered in the last few decades and in the most inhuman, horrific fashion. Far beyond the worst horror film, in almost unimaginable ways. Boiling children to death for example.

This has mostly been ignored by the Western media and sadly most whites seeking refugee status have been denied on account of the crimes against whites 'not being racially motivated' when they clearly are.

The future is extremely bleak for whites and unless there is some kind of secession or new state formed then evacuation is the only answer long term.

Crime is a major problem in South Africa, I encountered it myself. 20,000 people on average are killed annually about 50-80 of them white farm owners and black farm workers.

In 1994, 85% of farms were owned by white farmers. In 2017 that number was 72% http://www.ruraldevelopment.gov.za/publications/land-audit-report/file/6126

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Not defending it but I believe you're entitled to what you earn. They inherited stolen land. I believe stolen property should be given back.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Not defending it but I believe you're entitled to what you earn. They inherited stolen land. I believe stolen property should be given back.

Would you expect Northern Protestants to give up their farms without compensation, after all their ancestors received stolen land. Or what about all non Native Americans, should they give up theirs?

Its not a simple as that, the majority of Africans in SA arrived long after Whites.
    Interestingly those who you could call natives, the khosians, and the Zulu are largely in favour of and allied to the whites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

It happened in pockets of Ireland in 1921. The gentry were kicked off their estates and some were murdered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

South Africa is a violent place where neighbouring farmers kill each other https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/farmer-shoots-neighbour-and-cop-on-koffiefontein-farm-before-being-shot-himself-20190111

It would be big mistake by ANC to attempt to just take these farms from the owners because the result would likely be very violent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

There was nobody living in large parts of what is now South Africa.

There was nobody living in large parts of what is now South Africa.

Okay. Look. It’s a tough situation there is no doubt. But they South Africans believe that the white farmers stole the land and they have the means of getting it back. Doesn’t mean it’s right but that is the situation.

The Zulu nation are against expropriation.

https://www.rt.com/business/440807-zulu-king-south-africa-land/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

it must be awful being the ANC, you get elected for ending apartheid and make everything worse for people black and white. Completely feel for the white farmers and the poor people the ANC will starve to death when nobodies left to farm.

Advertisement