Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment Service Directive and Strong Customer Authentication

Options
  • 02-08-2019 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Please can you advise me if you are introducing any new measures for logging onto my online banking as part of PSD2 and Strong customer authentication.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Mermillo wrote: »
    Please can you advise me if you are introducing any new measures for logging onto my online banking as part of PSD2 and Strong customer authentication.

Hi Mermillo,

thanks for getting in touch with us here in relation to PSD2 and upcoming changes.

At present we are working on a new mobile banking app that will be coming later this year.

For more information on PSD2 please see here.

Please also click the link within this page for "a guide to upcoming changes" which might be of interest to you. Here you will find details on Strong customer authentication, changes, app and site enhancements and information on third party provider access.

I hope this helps and please fee free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

The SCA requirement comes into force from 14 September 2019 so I assume that your new app will be available before that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

ElNino wrote: »
    The SCA requirement comes into force from 14 September 2019 so I assume that your new app will be available before that?

Hi ElNino,

thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

For all updates and information in relation to our new app and changes implemented as a result of PSD2 please see here.

At present we do not have any further information on this or a release date for the mobile app.

Thanks Jen

Hi Jennifer

I read that page and the linked document on the page but nowhere does it explain how Bank of Ireland is going to handle PSD2 SCA from September 14th?As far as I am aware all other banks have written out to their customers with clarification on this so when will Bank of Ireland be providing more detailed information?

Regards
    Elnino

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Hi Elnino,[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thank you for linking back in with us here.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Bank of Ireland have issued letters and emails to our customers in relation to upcoming changes regarding PSD2. Have you reviewed the Guide to Upcoming Changes download that is available on the above link?[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Many thanks,[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Kat[/font]

• Advertisement

Yes, I have read that download and also this page on your website
    https://www.bankofireland.com/the-second-payment-services-directive/app/
    which explains how your new app will handle SCA.

However this article in the Irish Times quotes a BOI spokesman as stating that the new app won't be available until the fourth quarter this year
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/bank-of-ireland-launch-of-apple-pay-may-drift-to-2020-1.3979823

which takes me back to my original query as follows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Elnino,

Thank you for coming back to us.

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Our digital team are actively working on the new app which will be available by the end of 2019 and customers will be moved across on a phased basis into 2020. As soon as we confirm a launch date we will advise all customers. Our current app maintains all its existing safety and fraud protections for customers.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Many thanks,[/font]
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Kat[/font]

Advertisement