Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking an old Nokia

Options
  • 02-08-2019 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

I don’t want to resurrect a zombie thread so I’ll just ask the question here if that’s ok.
    Has anybody used an online unlock facility to unlock a phone and if so, which one?
    Trying to unlock an Asha 201, I can’t remember the old number so Vodafone can’t help.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Asha 201 wont be unlocked by a code generator (free) but it would be easily unlocked by paying €10/€15.

Its such an old phone I'm not sure its even worth it to be honest. You might have trouble with new sim cards and networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Davy wrote: »
    Asha 201 wont be unlocked by a code generator (free) but it would be easily unlocked by paying €10/€15.

Its such an old phone I'm not sure its even worth it to be honest. You might have trouble with new sim cards and networks.
    Yep, I was thinking it would be just easier to sign up for a new pay as you go phone but I’m a stubborn f*^+*r and hate seeing the Asha sitting there mocking me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Yep, I was thinking it would be just easier to sign up for a new pay as you go phone but I’m a stubborn f*^+*r and hate seeing the Asha sitting there mocking me.

And you spend money, get it unlocked and then it doesn't work with the sim card or similar. Would that annoy you then?? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Davy wrote: »
    And you spend money, get it unlocked and then it doesn't work with the sim card or similar. Would that annoy you then?? :P

You’re right. Wonder do the jack & Jill foundation still take old mobiles.

Advertisement