Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Lets invade ireland' says some fella on Twitter

• 02-08-2019 11:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,721 ✭✭✭✭

looper.jpg

It's like something out of the letters page of Viz - can people really be that stupid?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,022 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This is worthy of a thread? Some randomer on Twitter? :confused:

ok i guess

My own opinion is I don't know this person. Is it a person of influence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Wtf? Very bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

He seems to be forgetting that we'd have the EU and I assume the Americans on our side so his plan may not last as long as he thinks.

ok i guess

Current affairs and IMHO is the name of this forum. This tweet is not only current affair it is also their honest opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,616 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I for one welcome our new overlords, who look very similar to our old overlords, but in a shiny new suit. And face.

Can we get an answer on where he stands on other important matters, such as the price of drink?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,721 ✭✭✭✭maccored

ok i guess

My own opinion is I don't know this person. Is it a person of influence?

Does he need to be a person of influence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He's from Portsmouth, no one in Southampton would have posted this.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

Hes correct about the resistance anyway.

maccored wrote: »
    Does he need to be a person of influence?

there's about a billion twitters users, of which 90% are crazy as ****. If you're going to start a thread on each crazy thing that gets tweeted, you're gonna be a busy lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

bear1 wrote: »
    He seems to be forgetting that we'd have the EU and I assume the Americans on our side so his plan may not last as long as he thinks.
    Would we though?

Maybe they might say jeeze that is harsh luck but you are on your own!

• Advertisement

Let's invade Northern Ireland and put the border in the sea. Problem solved as long as we get to keep Sainsbury Newry. They can even still use sterling.

This is great craic.

"Says some fella on Twitter".

We could mount a stern obstruction at the border...

Or

...Ignore a frivolous attention-seeker looking for a rise off the perpetually offended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Find a few more tweets and you could have an entertainment.ie article out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

do we need to get outraged about every single thing Brits say about Ireland?! ignore and move on

Would we though?

especially when you consider the whole neutrality thing in the Lisbon treaty.

Aegir wrote: »
    there's about a billion twitters users, of which 90% are crazy as ****. If you're going to start a thread on each crazy thing that gets tweeted, you're gonna be a busy lad.

why would I be doing that? Plus given the way the north is going and the chance of the uk crashing out, he might well get the fight he's looking for.

Didnt realise that this forum had decided on posting standards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

do we need to get outraged about every single thing Brits say about Ireland?! ignore and move on

What else is there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Yes Ireland would peacefully allow the British to invade...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,058 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

maccored wrote: »
    looper.jpg

It's like something out of the letters page of Viz - can people really be that stupid?

The ironic thing is that the UK couldn't even invade us if they wanted to. Our military was never well supported but theirs has been stripped down so bad that its worse than ours now, a big aircraft carrier that they can't crew is the smallest of their issues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

is he related to the tv SAS guy Ant Middleton?

It looks like him on the left with his arm around his shoulder. They share the same surname anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Would we though?

Well an attack on an EU state is convered as an attack on the entire EU.
    Neutral or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,434 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

When are they coming? Must pop out for some extra hang for the sangwiches.

Del2005 wrote: »
    The ironic thing is that the UK couldn't even invade us if they wanted to. Our military was never well supported but theirs has been stripped down so bad that its worse than ours now, a big aircraft carrier that they can't crew is the smallest of their issues.

:D

That has to be the ultimate keyboard warrior post

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,837 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Twitter encourages people to be their worst selves. You can find hateful morons supporting all sorts of vile nonsense on it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

A parody account. Funny how gullible posters here swallow everything they read.

Twitter encourages people to be their worst selves. You can find hateful morons supporting all sorts of vile nonsense on it.

i thought it was funny - incredibly stupid, but funny

splinter65 wrote: »
    A parody account. Funny how gullible posters here swallow everything they read.

he calls it 'humour'

They got their fill of us, they won't be back. Unless they are riding shotgun for one of the big guys.
    They'll pick a fight with someone they can win against, wait'll you see, drive up the gung ho, blitz spirit sentiment again, a lá Maggie. Tally ho! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

They did it before, I wouldn't put it past them. Tories are capable of any idiocy. And now we have the idiot master general running the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Just bend over and take your medicine, Irish pigdogs.

This is about the Twitter equivalent of something said to bunch of mates after 6 pints in the pub... and not even remembered the next day.

Just bend over and take your medicine, Irish pigdogs.

We've not advanced enough to have pigdogs. We just have pigs. And dogs. From what advanced civilisation do you visit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

bear1 wrote: »

The EU would just have talks about talks and do nothing. As usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Marty Whelan better not get wind of this.....

They did it before, I wouldn't put it past them. Tories are capable of any idiocy. And now we have the idiot master general running the country.

Probably getting brave after seeing all the little hat doffers and UJ wavers out to see their monarch.

I am sure that in 30 years governments papers released will show that a plan was drawn up to do it, just like they revealed Edward Heath's government drew up plans in 1972 to 'sanction' us if we didn't kowtow and hat doff to them.

• Advertisement

As long as we get access to free 2 day deliveries from amazon. I’m down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

odyssey06 wrote: »
    We've not advanced enough to have pigdogs. We just have pigs. And dogs. From what advanced civilisation do you visit?

I come from the land down under, where women glow and men plunder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,366 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

NeonWolf wrote: »
    is he related to the tv SAS guy Ant Middleton?

It looks like him on the left with his arm around his shoulder. They share the same surname anyway.

He's his brother, and pathetically has Ant as part of his Twitter username :pac:

odyssey06 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,791 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

If it means we pay the same for them as Sky Sports.

Fúck it, lets do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,598 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Yeah he's got his history spot on. The Irish have traditionally been a placid colony, not given to rebellion or truculence.

Should be easy. As he says, there would be no resistance.

To be fiat you could easily enough find English people who would think that way. I lived in the north east for a while and worked in a fast food shop the people didn't have a clue what Ireland was. It was far too confusing given their lack of interest in figuring it out. They were never sure whether it's independent or part of the UK.

Then I worked in a job with educated people who read the big papers and they all knew the story. I wouldn't get too upset though. You don't have to go too far out of your way to find thick fcukers in Ireland,or anywhere else. Irish people wouldn't brag about our military colonising achievements because we don't have any. But that's just a matter of history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,706 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

We're living rent free in their heads now. Hilarious.:pac::pac:

pablo128 wrote: »
    We're living rent free in their heads now. Hilarious.:pac::pac:

It's not so funny. A lot of them have it in their heads that they're being screwed in the negotiations. In spite of the fact that the UK asked for the backstop, they now see it as a rule imposed by the EU.

Eejits like the Twitter twát, are making it very difficult for the UK to back down. That road leads to no deal Brexit which is bad for Ireland.

So no, not hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

It's not so funny. A lot of them have it in their heads that they're being screwed in the negotiations. In spite of the fact that the UK asked for the backstop, they now see it as a rule imposed by the EU.

Eejits like the Twitter twát, are making it very difficult for the UK to back down. That road leads to no deal Brexit which is bad for Ireland.

So no, not hilarious
    Well it's hilarious to me. The Brits have looked down their noses at us for years. Now that they (mistakenly) think we have them by the balls, they want to physically attack us.

Eejits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

The Irish must look weak to the average Brit , we got 3/4 of Ireland free in 1921 and a hundred years later we still can’t get the other 6 back ...Pearse and all the other 1916 guys would regard us as a joke 100 years after they died we still didn’t have a United ireland .

Well it's hilarious to me. The Brits have looked down their noses at us for years. Now that they (mistakenly) think we have them by the balls, they want to physically attack us.

Eejits.

I think Irish people place themselves at the end of the English nose. It's an inferiority complex lots of Irish propel share. Most English people have a very high opinion of Irish people. My experience of living in the north east tought me I that the people had a better opinion of Irish people than Southern Englanders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,706 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Eejits.

One fùckwit on twitter does not speak for the whole nation :rolleyes:

LuasSimon wrote: »
    The Irish must look weak to the average Brit , we got 3/4 of Ireland free in 1921 and a hundred years later we still can’t get the other 6 back ...Pearse and all the other 1916 guys would regard us as a joke 100 years after they died we still didn’t have a United ireland .

They might. Pearse would probably be more disappointed that we allowed the Irish language to wither on the vine.

I'm perfectly happy to maintain the status quo re Northern Ireland. It's its own country now and it wouldn't be easily integrated with the republic. Not do I think the republic would be willing to integrate NI. Can you imagine orange matches as part of OUT shared culture? Marching down o connell st on 12 July?

If I met Pearse today, I'd argue were grand as we are in 2019

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

They might. Pearse would probably be more disappointed that we allowed the Irish language to wither on the vine.

I'm perfectly happy to maintain the status quo re Northern Ireland. It's its own country now and it wouldn't be easily integrated with the republic. Not do I think the republic would be willing to integrate NI. Can you imagine orange matches as part of OUT shared culture? Marching down o connell st on 12 July?

If I met Pearse today, I'd argue were grand as we are in 2019

Why should all the nationalists of Armagh or Tyrone etc have to live under British rule ?
    We should either have a United ireland or all go back under the Queens rule .
    All this I’m alright jack for those in the 26 counties is selfishness of the highest order . Hanging out the nationalist community of the 6 counties to dry .

• Advertisement
Advertisement