Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visionexpress issue

Options
  • 02-08-2019 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if people experienced a similar situation and can advise.

Booked an eye test with the idea of getting lenses fitted on a new frame which i purchased on zalando.

Test was grand, friendly staff and professional

I brought my frame with me on the same day and a girl took some measurements while i was wearing them.

I went to collect my glasses today and two issues are present.

The first is that the another lady who has given me the glasses today said that the glasses legs were a bit too long for me.

I really wish that the first girl told me this while taking those measurements. I understand that i did not buy the frame from them but if she told me i could have purchased a better frame and get the lenses fitted since the lenses are the expensive part.

The second issue is that there is a scratch on the right leg at the intersection between the curved part and the straight part. It must have been down to a machine they used to hold them while fitting the lenses as it can’t be a coincidence that the damage is there.

They defended themselves saying that it was a small damage and i wouldn’t really see it since it would be above my ear.

I’m really unhappy about both things combined but mostly the second issue.

Can anyone advise? The manager wasn’t there so couldn’t talk to him.

The first girl did say originally that there is always a chance that glasses break when lenses are fitted and they say this to protect themselves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I do know from personal experience that they take no responsibility for fitting lenses into frames you already have, in my case they broke my favourite frames.

Re leg length they can move the bend that goes over your ears so shouldn't be much of a problem but it is buyer beware. They were under no obligation to point out issues with something you brought in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Caranica wrote: »
    I do know from personal experience that they take no responsibility for fitting lenses into frames you already have, in my case they broke my favourite frames.

Re leg length they can move the bend that goes over your ears so shouldn't be much of a problem but it is buyer beware. They were under no obligation to point out issues with something you brought in.

The assistant today was worried to move the bend because of the crack which was present and the whole leg could have snapped.

It just feels like a poor job, the frame was brand new and feels quite robust, they had to be really negligent to crack it like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

j4vier wrote: »
    The assistant today was worried to move the bend because of the crack which was present and the whole leg could have snapped.

It just feels like a poor job, the frame was brand new and feels quite robust, they had to be really negligent to crack it like that.

Following up on the issue, the manager from VIsionExpress handled the issue brilliantly, better than I expected so I’d like to give credit to them when credit is due

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

j4vier wrote:
    Following up on the issue, the manager from VIsionExpress handled the issue brilliantly, better than I expected so I’d like to give credit to them when credit is due

Thanks for the update and glad you're sorted

Advertisement