Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What voice assistant

• 02-08-2019 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi,
    It most probably been asked before so apologies if it is old ground

I am looking to get either an Amazon Echo or Google home, I am leading towards the GH as it seems more user friendly conversations wise,

One main unit , 2 mini and one unit with a screen ( video calls not important )

Things I want to use with it
    Hive heating ( I have Hive already ) I know it works better with echo, but will it work with basic on off commands with GH

Tunein or something similar to listen to radio stations, international stations if possible

Some smart lights and Plugs

News , weather, journey times, calendar

Would appreciate any suggestion as to what system would be best for my needs

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

They will both do all the things you want.

Maybe look at the Nest hello and Ring doorbell see if that helps you select.

I've google stuff now.

I've had the amazon speakers, show and ring doorbell , fire TV and sticks.

I didn't change as much as buy more google kit.

It's much of a muchness I just think google is a little bit better for me.

TV control is better with Alexa imo
    But I used it rarely.
    Lighrwaverf was better and still is with Alexa

I think the chromecast units I had and casting did it for me as at the time casting was better with google

Advertisement