Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent tsb Another new charge

• 02-08-2019 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

I made a withdrawal yesterday from my ptsb account from my local Ulster bank ATM as the ptsb atm was out of service. To my surprise the transaction has cost me €2.03. A complete rip off in my opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

What account type do you have?

On the website there is a new fee table for the Explore account (here).

It's kind of not good formated, but it could be read that cash withdraws will be free if in € otherwise it's 3.5%

And if I recall the Central Bank does not agree with cash withdraw fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

That cant be right for a Euro withdrawal? :confused:

Op, what was the fee called?
    Did you use a credit credit card by mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Deminiman

I have an Explore account. It was charged as 'debit card fee' It was the only transaction for a full week so it has to be for the cash withdrawal. I'm also not overdrawn. Reading their fee rates it has to be a mistake by one bank, it's like it was charged as outside Ireland

Maybe PTSB now treats Ulster Bank as a Non EU bank and hence demands their fee?

I would call open24 and dispute that charge and then please let us know how you got on please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Are you sure it was an ulster bank atm?
    Was it in a shop?

• Advertisement

I will call them and see. It was definitely Ulster bank in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Akula

I was charged a fee at one of those independent ATMs in a SPAR recently. I barely use cash anymore anyway.

Akula wrote: »
    I was charged a fee at one of those independent ATMs in a SPAR recently. I barely use cash anymore anyway.

They are operated by Euronet and it's their charge not PTSB.

@Deminiman, any update on your story?

The Ulster bank withdrawal was taken in pounds Sterling for whatever reason. Ptsb have no control over that. It's very unusual I'd imagine for a local ATM on the street to work like this? Oh well, one to avoid in future.

Advertisement