Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal Yellow Card in Soccer forum

Options
  • 02-08-2019 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭

I got a Yellow Card for this post...
    Will Slap Head be as Memeable and Gif-able as Jones that's real question.

I am guessing the card is for calling Harry Maguire Slab Head.

However the Phil Jones Memes and Gif's are now at legendary status so having a player nicknamed Slab Head maybe playing by his side I think adds to the memes and gifs that may be created.

Well for me Slap Head is his commonly used nickname give to him by his teammate Jamie Vardy and has been commonly used since then by his teammates both club and international, By the media and by fans alike.

If using commonly used nicknames is now a cardable offence on Boards I really don't know what to say to honest and a soccer mod doesn't see the difference I call into question that judgement.

I asked the Mod to if he would rescind card or should I go to DRP.

Attached PM's
    Re: You have received a warning
    Go for it into DRP.

Slap Head is quite obviously an unnecessarily used nickname looking for a rise.

And...'Fat Sam' is also a commonly used nickname if we're going by that, and we wouldn't allow that.

as I say, take it to DRP.

cheers.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Agent Coulson
    I appeal and ask are you going to rescind the yellow card for using the commonly held nickname for the player used by himself his team mates, media and fans over all these islands or can I take this to dispute resolution.

When a players commonly used nickname is now a cardable offence on Boards it show where this site is now going that posters will report these things.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SlickRic
    Dear Agent Coulson,

You have been warned for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

SlickRic

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Agent Coulson View Post
    Will Slap Head be as Memeable and Gif-able as Jones that's real question

His reply was Fat Sam is a commonly used nickname which I agree with in an insulting manner.

No one would call Sam Allardyce " Fat Sam"to his face

Where as Harry Maguire is called Slap Head to his face by friends,colleagues and the media.

https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1033383991682969600?s=20

Why is Harry Maguire called Slab-head?
    Maguire was nicknamed "Slab-head" by Jamie Vardy. Vardy, who plays with Maguire for Leicester, gatecrashed his press conference earlier in the tournament.

Vardy, who was speaking to the written press at the time, said: "Hi, this is Jamie Vardy from Vardy News - what is the diameter of your head?" It sent Maguire into fits of laughter.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/985398/Harry-Maguire-World-Cup-England-head

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'll let the CMods know.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

mike_ie wrote: »
    I'll let the CMods know.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

You are around 6 years, are you saying you never read the soccer forum rules on nicknames and / or player , manager abuse?

Steve wrote: »
    You are around 6 years, are you saying you never read the soccer forum rules on nicknames and / or player , manager abuse?

Of course I have and I pointed out where his nickname is commonly used by himself, his teammates, fans and English media in a non abusive manner and used as term of endearment

So are you saying now all nicknames can't be used even when it is a term of affection?

Are all nicknames now seen as abuse is it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Your post was in breach of the forum charter, therefore I'm upholding the mod decision. You may appeal this decision if you wish to admin.

If you believe the forum rules are wrong then fair enough, this is not the place to air that.

If you believe the mods are unfairly applying the rules then please go to the helpdesk forum.

Let me know if you wish to appeal, thanks.

• Advertisement

I appeal your decision.

NP, I'll let admins know.

Cheers.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You know as well as anyone that such nicknames are not allowed. You will also have seen the comments in the annual feedback thread that this rule is not applied consistently. The mods are therefore trying to apply the rule consistently. If they had not carded this they would have been accused of inconsistency again

Card upheld and marking resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement