If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG TV

Options
  • 02-08-2019 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a new tv to replace our older LG one (that I bought from you guys a while back). I was reading recently that the new LG's come with a dvb/dvb-s2 tuner in them again. I didn't see any on your website with this tuner, is it possible to get LG with the sat tuner again ?

thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

syboit wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for a new tv to replace our older LG one (that I bought from you guys a while back). I was reading recently that the new LG's come with a dvb/dvb-s2 tuner in them again. I didn't see any on your website with this tuner, is it possible to get LG with the sat tuner again ?

thanks
    Hi Syboit.

Thanks for the post.

Pretty much all LG televisions have a satellite tuner built in which will allow you to get free to air satellite stations when connected to a satellite dish.

What size of TV are you interested in and a rough budget and I will see what we have to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Hi,

thanks
    Hi Syboit.

Thanks for the post.

Pretty much all LG televisions have a satellite tuner built in which will allow you to get free to air satellite stations when connected to a satellite dish.

What size of TV are you interested in and a rough budget and I will see what we have to offer.
    Thanks Kenny,

I was looking at 50" and around 500-600euro range. Its mainly used for tv/freesat stuff. Do you know if the LG's have apps for playing media files over the network from a media server.

thanks again

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

thanks
    Hi Syboit.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks Kenny,

I was looking at 50" and around 500-600euro range. Its mainly used for tv/freesat stuff. Do you know if the LG's have apps for playing media files over the network from a media server.

thanks again
    Hey Syboit.

First up would be the 50UK6750 priced at 489 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203294-lg-50uk6750pld-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

With the LG OS its pretty straight forward. Once both products are on the same network the TV will recognise it and it will show up in the input section or on the home screen.
    The link below shows how to do if from the LG website:
    http://kr.eguide.lgappstv.com/manual/w18_mr/dvb/Apps/w4.0_mr_e04/e_eng/share.html

Next up would be a 55" the 55UK6400 priced at 549 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203304-lg-55uk6400plf-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

The Philips 50PUS6703 will also pick up free to air satellite but the smart side of things does let it down. Priced at 479 Euro (Limited Stock)
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203602-philips-50pus6703-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-ambilight-freeview-play.aspx

LG have a 49" the 49UM7400 coming in at 529 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204085-lg-49um7400plb-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me now your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.