Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brewdog - Equity for Punks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

actuar90 wrote: »
    Brewdog are selling shares right now.

https://efp.brewdog.com/equityforpunks/apply-for-shares?referred_by=R772175

£25 per share which gets you:

Own a part of BrewDog
    ID card
    AGM invite with a +1
    Birthday beer
    5% discount in BrewDog bars
    10% discount online
    Invites to Beatnik brew days
    Exclusive access to new beers
    Entry into the BrewDog's Millionaire competition
    A Copy of Craft Beer for the People

The Dublin Brewdog is due to open in October. If you sign up using my referral link we both get 1 referral point. Get to 5 referral points and there are 6 free beers and more rewards the more referral points you get

https://efp.brewdog.com/equityforpunks/apply-for-shares?referred_by=R772175

These guys have been doing this for the last few years and essentially it's just an annual membership for a few discounts. If you have a read of the prospectus they're under no obligation to ever pay a dividend and as theyre not listed on any exchange, any shares you have are essentially worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

whampiri wrote: »
    These guys have been doing this for the last few years and essentially it's just an annual membership for a few discounts. If you have a read of the prospectus they're under no obligation to ever pay a dividend and as theyre not listed on any exchange, any shares you have are essentially worthless.

True, they're under no obligation to pay out any dividends, that's the same as any stock though.

The shares are not worthless at all, you can sell them once a year. This year the previous years shares were going at original cost +15%. Plus you continually get the discount benefits while you hold the shares.
    For me, the benefits made it worthwhile. If brewdog wasn't opening in Dublin then I probably wouldn't have bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I assume you must pay cap gains like regular shares?

Advertisement