Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Amazon return

Options
  • 03-08-2019 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

I ordered three items off Amazon, one main item (relatively expensive), and two accessories for the main item.

Once I received the items, it turned out the main item wasn't as I expected. I requested a return of the three items, which amazon approved, and provided a return label for An Post.

I returned the three items in one box to amazon as I had one return label, and have proof of postage and delivery. I took photographs of the items, in their boxes, and all in the one main box for return.

Amazon claim to have only received two of the items, the accessories, and not the main high value item. I have offered to provide them with the proof/photographs as above, but they weren't interested.

They say I have proof of posting one box, and to follow up with the carrier, An Post, although to my mind, Amazon organised the carrier, so it is their issue (although an option that I will perhaps have to explore for a refund).

I paid by credit card, do I have any chance of my card provider getting my money back?

Has anyone experience of a similar situation or a view of how to proceed in such situations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Did you get a receipt when sending it back through An Post. If so, did they weigh your item? If they did, you can use this if you have to escalate the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Did you get a receipt when sending it back through An Post. If so, did they weigh your item? If they did, you can use this if you have to escalate the matter.

I have the proof of postage receipt, and tracking through to being received. There is no information on either about weight. I didn’t pay attention as to if they were weighed.

I wonder would An Post have this information available by other means?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

moleyv wrote: »
    I have the proof of postage receipt, and tracking through to being received. There is no information on either about weight. I didn’t pay attention as to if they were weighed.

I wonder would An Post have this information available by other means?

It would be worth calling them and quoting the tracking number. They may have an internal record of how much the parcel weighed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

moleyv wrote:
    They say I have proof of posting one box, and to follow up with the carrier, An Post, although to my mind, Amazon organised the carrier, so it is their issue (although an option that I will perhaps have to explore for a refund).

You should be able to prove the third item was in the box with the receipt An Post gave you. The weight of the box is your proof. If the weight isn't on the receipt An Post can use your receipt to check up the weight. All parcels are weighed as this effects the price Amazon pay An Post for returning the item.

Advertisement