Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The principals in the Department

Options
  • 03-08-2019 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Is that a glaring mistake in new Department circular 0040/2019? Photo Attached.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Principle isn't in their vocabulary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Is that a glaring mistake in new Department circular 0040/2019? Photo Attached.

They spelt it differently within the content of the section in the same context, so both cannot be right...so to answer your question, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭bobbyss

On a recent visit to Knock Shrine I noticed in a plaque under one of the four replica monastic windows from each province the verb to be, it's, used instead of the possessive its. It looked like a bronze engraving so serious engraving was done. Not serious enough as it turned out.

In our school I've seen instructions to keep the stationary cabinet locked, and a caution not to put the blue role down the toilet. Amongst others.

It's par for the course to see things like Toms Bar around the place but one would hope the Department acts on an embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Athdara

Completed my Level 6 SNA course this Spring & the tutor used Principle in place of Principal the entire way through the course. I had to bite my tongue constantly. I just wanted to correct her.

Advertisement