Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D.I.D. price promise

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

DID confirm it does not count as it is on sale

There's no "buy now" button and it's not showing as in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

If you had said in your initial post that the cheaper price was for an ex-display model, that would have made things a whole lot clearer.

DID were 100% in the right here I'm afraid.

If you had said in your initial post that the cheaper price was for an ex-display model, that would have made things a whole lot clearer.

DID were 100% in the right here I'm afraid.

Please read what I said

It wasn't ex display at the time and was only 80 cheaper, it was because of limited stock

greasepalm wrote: »
    I bought a garmin drive 51 from D I D and in less than a week found it 20 euro cheaper in halfords and same model as sometimes models differ.I got a 40 euro credit note and no problems as i had proof.
    greasepalm wrote: »
    Halfords were not listed i got a refund voucher.

2 price matches with Halfords and Halfords are not in the "namely" T&C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

It wasn't ex display at the time and was only 80 cheaper, it was because of limited stock

That's one of the exclusions.
    ‘Double the Difference’ guarantee applies to shelf edge product prices only and excludes:
    - Prices advertised in limited quantities
    - Competitors’ prices where they have no stock available for collection or delivery

antix80 wrote: »
    That's one of the exclusions.

No it is not. Limited stock does not mean "Prices advertised in limited quantities"

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No it is not. Limited stock does not mean "Prices advertised in limited quantities"

Most people wouldn't agree with you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That's precisely what it means in this context.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Out of interest, what do you think is the difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

One is a shop-soiled model and the other is not. It's a bit of a stretch in fairness.

TonyStark wrote: »
    One is a shop-soiled model and the other is not. It's a bit of a stretch in fairness.

"Prices advertised in limited quantities "
    is a promotional sales tool

Limited Stock means one or less of this item is likely to be in store. but it could also be a display or damaged item.

Consumer Protection Act 2007

Prohibited commercial practices.
    55.— (1) A trader shall not engage in any of the following commercial practices:

(l) making an invitation to purchase a product without dis-closing the existence of any reasonable grounds the trader may have for believing that the trader will not be able to supply, or procure another trader to supply, the product

(n) making a false representation that a product is available only for a limited time, or on particular terms for a limited time,

breaching consumer law with "bait advertising" - this is where a retailer lures a customer into their store with a great advertising offer, even though they know they can't honour it, or there's only a limited supply of stock.

.—(1) A commercial practice is misleading if it includes the pro vision of false information in relation to any matter set out in subsection (3)and that information would be likely to cause the averageconsumer to make a transactional decision that the average con-sumer would not otherwise make.(2) A commercial practice is misleading if it would be likely to cause the average consumer to be deceived or misled in relation to any matter set out insubsection (3) and to make a transactional decision that the average consumer would not otherwise make.(3) The following matters are set out for the purposes ofsubsec-tions (1)and(2)

:35(a) the existence or nature of a product;(b) the main characteristics of a product, including, without limitation, any of the following:(i) its geographical origin or commercial origin;(ii) its availability, including, without limitation, its availability at a particular time or place or at a particular price;

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

In fairness, you're not really making a good case here, you just keep restating the same thing (without expanding your argument), and have just added a quote from the Consumer Protection Act, haven't called out specifically what DID are doing wrong here - it's Power City thats advertising the limited quantities of the item, not DID.

Ultimately it's up to DID whether they honour the Price Difference or not, and they can put whatever conditions they want on it. You can't take this one to the Small Claims Court, and as the first post was on 3rd August, you're well over the 7 days limit in the T&C's too. Have you tried DIDs Customer Support number, they may have a more sympathetic ear maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭rock22

Agree with Spocker. It seems Power City are the ones in breach of the legislation

I have already mentioned Currys offering great deal on Vax vacuum but having no stock. Your quote from Consumer Protection Act they too are in breach of this legislation. I have emailed CCPA to see what they think.

To be honest , you have no complaint with DID , who are victim in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Why anyone would pay that much for an iPad, ex display or not is beyond me... Your'e being ripped off buying Apple in the first place.

It would appear though that DID are in the right here. Sorry OP

Advertisement