Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainfall Warnings and Thunderstorm possibility Sunday 4-8-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,212 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Getting absolutely lashed out of it here in Lahinch, the waters still jammers with surfers...lovely up until 20 minutes ago.....can see a bit of blue on the horizon....

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

Rain in NW Clare. Nothing showing on Sat 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Raintoday not working great.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,212 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Here we go, suns back, black clouds are gone and the togs are on....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Getting absolutely lashed out of it here in Lahinch, the waters still jammers with surfers...lovely up until 20 minutes ago.....can see a bit of blue on the horizon....

Is there any rain though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

RoisinD wrote: »
    Rain in NW Clare. Nothing showing on Sat 24.

Presumably because the Shannon rainfall radar is kaput. :mad:

Just had a light shower in Cork city,its warm and breezy now and very cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Was a sunny morning here on the west cork coast, starting to cloud over now. We are pretty near to Kerry so will probs see some heavy downpours later on in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Very dark sky over Galway Bay now it has that thunder look

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Insane rain in Galway city, I don't know how there hasn't been strikes. Some of the heaviest I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,273 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Very dark sky over Galway Bay now it has that thunder look
    Monsoon downpour now :eek: Get the Ark!
    7CZi8db.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,185 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Insane rain in Galway city, I don't know how there hasn't been strikes. Some of the heaviest I've ever seen.

Agreed, am staying in Woodquay and its torrential. Wouldn't fancy Ballybrit this arvo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

I think these downpours will be worse than forecasted...just started now in Galway very strong gusty winds too with the rain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Well that what I call a downpour insane rain Galway City how there is no sparks I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Agreed, am staying in Woodquay and its torrential. Wouldn't fancy Ballybrit this arvo.

Supposed to be bringing the kids to Ballybrit today, looking more and more like a non-runner

Had a few big drops now in West cork, went for a walk on the beach and the penainsula to the west of me has a big dark cloud looming over it and you can see it's lashing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Heavy downpours in Castlebar have started in the last half an hour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Had a few big drops now in West cork, went for a walk on the beach and the penainsula to the west of me has a big dark cloud looming over it and you can see it's lashing

Still dry in my area at the moment but dark clouds are building up here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I don't know what the fuss is all about, tis a grand day here (N Dub) and actually improving with lots of blue sky appearing. 19.3c.
    Of course its a different story in the west!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭squarecircles

I don't know what the fuss is all about, tis a grand day here (N Dub) and actually improving with lots of blue sky appearing. 19.3c.

tis a grand day here (N Dub) and actually improving with lots of blue sky appearing. 19.3c.

fixed your post.

youd swear ''the west'' was in bloody Narnia on here sometimes.Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

Now lashing on the Mizen Head, near Schull. Absolutely nothing showing on the Met Eireann site, as someone forgot to switch on the Shannon rainfall radar for the long weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Looks like a pile of rain heading to Galway on the Sat image

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

I thought I heard thunder near Limerick City but there is no detection of any lightning strikes near me over the past hour on met.ie rainfall radar. I miss the Shannon radar coverage at the moment.

Lashing in West cork now, big drops of rain

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Rain which was moderate for a while has gotten heavy now in Tralee at a rain rate of 21mm /hr

Getting quite dark

3.6mm

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

tis a grand day here (N Dub) and actually improving with lots of blue sky appearing. 19.3c.

fixed your post.

youd swear ''the west'' was in bloody Narnia on here sometimes.Christ.

Christ, passive aggressive.
    Here's a nice cloud pic of Dublin to cheer you up on this bank holiday weekend. Krispy Kreme and the ever present Garda Helicopter included for added Dublin-ness. Pity us Dubs are uneducated as Im sure there is a better word for Dublin-ness ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Cloud tops have been gaining altitude as convection is forming over land but no sparks yet. Temp dropped about 2C since the heavy rain started.

6.6mm atm

5jjIBsx.png

Dk1Qcjj.png

TmGyeBJ.gif

Couple of strikes near Galway now and Clare also.

Convection growing.

PJa7b8l.png

ZbYyzCv.png

WtaGjaC.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Will Limerick city see any action?

Advertisement