Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DMR Trailstar Stolen – Where To Look?

Options
  • 03-08-2019 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Folks,

My DMR Trailstar LT was stolen from our "secure" underground residential car park on the outskirts of Sandyford at some stage between Thursday and Friday afternoon just gone. It's a pretty unique bike as it was made up from parts from another bike which snapped many years ago, not to mention how rare enough Trailstars are these days.

I've walked the local area near Stepaside hoping that it was just an opportunist (they left the rear wheel behind) who might have dumped it in public somewhere. Is there anywhere renowned for stolen bikes popping up for sale or even local shops I could speak with to ask they keep an eye out?

I'd wager there's not another like it, but here's the spec if anyone is offered some curiously mid-2000s parts:
    • Marzocchi Bomber TST2 Air Forks
    • Excalibur 'Anti-Snake Bite' Disc Wheels
    • Hope 4-Piston Front Hydraulic Disc Brake with Grimeca Pattern Discs
    • Grimeca Cable Rear Disc Caliper with Shimano Deore LX Lever
    • DMR Chain Guides
    • DMR Pedals (White)
    • DMR Saddle
    • Tioca Handlebars & Stem
    • Shimano Deore LX Rear Gears & Cranks

jh9DpJJ.jpg?1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Folks,

My DMR Trailstar LT was stolen from our "secure" underground residential car park on the outskirts of Sandyford at some stage between Thursday and Friday afternoon just gone. It's a pretty unique bike as it was made up from parts from another bike which snapped many years ago, not to mention how rare enough Trailstars are these days.

I've walked the local area near Stepaside hoping that it was just an opportunist (they left the rear wheel behind) who might have dumped it in public somewhere. Is there anywhere renowned for stolen bikes popping up for sale or even local shops I could speak with to ask they keep an eye out?

I'd wager there's not another like it, but here's the spec if anyone is offered some curiously mid-2000s parts:
    • Marzocchi Bomber TST2 Air Forks
    • Excalibur 'Anti-Snake Bite' Disc Wheels
    • Hope 4-Piston Front Hydraulic Disc Brake with Grimeca Pattern Discs
    • Grimeca Cable Rear Disc Caliper with Shimano Deore LX Lever
    • DMR Chain Guides
    • DMR Pedals (White)
    • DMR Saddle
    • Tioca Handlebars & Stem
    • Shimano Deore LX Rear Gears & Cranks

jh9DpJJ.jpg?1

Check the usual, Donedeal, Adverts. It may even make its way to the Buy and Sell MTB Ireland Facebook page. I'm guessing with the age and the fact there's no rear wheel the person may struggle to find a replacement to fit and just dump it. May be worth finding where your closest dump is and asking them to keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Thanks for the advice, mate. Appreciate it.

Advertisement