Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DREW Harris : what's the point of the fu#kin invisible guards

Options
  • 03-08-2019 7:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭

Today at 4: 30ish Henry st Dublin 3/4 junkie skum fighting. Locals with their kids , decent people tourists and and no ****ing guards.

A main shopping street in a capitol city of a European country ...

Where th fu#k are your members , after 15 mins of this **** still nothing . Now I m not surprised but lots of people were , obviously they don't live in this open prison or Dublin city centre as we know it but get your finger out of your arse and sort it out , or are you just another waste of space like that fumbling twat callanan

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Just to add this is everyday ..........

The question is I know there is guards what the **** are they doing and were are they hiding

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

So I'd have used those key strokes to ask him directly.

Office of the Garda Commissioner
    Garda Headquarters
    Phoenix Park
    Dublin 8

Out of interest did you call the guards while all this was going on?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I think you're confusing the Gardai with Christ - he is the one that is in all places at all times. Do you expect a garda on every street 24hrs a day?

Gaspode wrote: »
    I think you're confusing the Gardai with Christ - he is the one that is in all places at all times. Do you expect a garda on every street 24hrs a day?

A single Guard patrolling Henry Street at peak times is not too much to ask in fairness. There is a huge need for higher visibility policing in the City Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

A single Guard patrolling Henry Street at peak times is not too much to ask in fairness. There is a huge need for higher visibility policing in the City Centre.

Talbot Street, Marlborough Street and Abbey Street etc are like the land of the living dead. Open drug dealing in broad daylight has also been happening on these streets and surrounding laneways for years with virtually nothing been done about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Talbot Street, Marlborough Street and Abbey Street etc are like the land of the living dead. Open drug dealing in broad daylight has also been happening on these streets and surrounding laneways for years with virtually nothing been done about it.

Hamsterdam, yo. Or it feels like it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Augme

Good, I hope the Garda never waste their time doing anything about it either.

So I'd have used those key strokes to ask him directly.

Office of the Garda Commissioner
    Garda Headquarters
    Phoenix Park
    Dublin 8

Out of interest did you call the guards while all this was going on?

No I'm still waiting for them to turn up and collect the cctv footage of the vermin stealing from our apartments, 4 ****ing years maybe this week they....

The point is why is there none, an incident like this in any other European city had a life span of about 5 mins before the police turn up , any city.. here you'd end up living with the skum for a few months before the make an appearance.

Augme wrote: »

Why, you want to live in ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

OP has a point. There is very little police presence in the inner city, in particular the Northside of the city which has become a modern hellhole in my opinion. I absolutely cringe thinking of tourists walking the boardwalk. There should be loitering laws along the whole boardwalk. It's completely ruined by drunks, junkies and sleaze bags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Augme

Augme wrote: »

Why, you want to live in ****

Complete waste of guards time. Arresting them isn to ng to make any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

For any high tourist areas wouldn't the best idea to follow the Europeans.
    Many places even have very difference levels of everyday policing, yes you get a friendly one with a clipboard, for a lost cat issue.
    Then you get one with a baton and van-cage for any folks wishing to play throw the glass bottle.

Albufeira has introduced a new 'code of conduct' featuring a zero-tolerance policy for any excessively rowdy behaviour.
    The National Republican Guard quickly introduce themselves with a big stick before anyone gets out of hand.
    Essentially it's preventative policing, and reduced the need for arrests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

My parents would remember O'Connell Street during the 1960's and two guards would be on every street corner. Today the country is far wealthier. It can be done, it has been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Last Stop

I think the lack of Gardai on the beat in Dublin could be solved in 2 simple ways:

1) Trained clerical staff at reception in Garda stations. It is a waste of resources to have a qualified garda signing forms in an office all day. Related to this, in rural Ireland, the combination of Garda stations and post offices makes perfect sense in terms of resources and costs. The decision to close rural stations based on crime figures was utter lunacy as low crime figures suggest that the station was doing its job.

2) Members of the defence forces on the beat around the city. Obviously they would have to go though some training to allow them to do this but we constantly hear of how the defence forces are so poorly treated vs the Gardai (definitely not right) so why not get them to do a number of hours as support for the Gardai and pay them handsomely for it. This is a win win situation as you’d have a stronger police presence and arguably a better use of resources (not disrespecting the work the defence forces do). This is something that always struck me in France was the army presence at large tourist attractions and trains stations. Definitely work considering even if just to frustrate the low lifes who currently walk around like they own the place.

Last Stop wrote: »
    I think the lack of Gardai on the beat in Dublin could be solved in 2 simple ways:

1) Trained clerical staff at reception in Garda stations. It is a waste of resources to have a qualified garda signing forms in an office all day. Related to this, in rural Ireland, the combination of Garda stations and post offices makes perfect sense in terms of resources and costs. The decision to close rural stations based on crime figures was utter lunacy as low crime figures suggest that the station was doing its job.

There are significant operational issues doing that specifically. However there is a huge push at the moment to civilianise the admin side of the guards.

Advertisement