Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass shooting in el paso

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

MrFresh wrote: »
    So now we have had posters accusing the Sheriff of being a racist and CNN of indoctrinating the shooter with Trump's views. Amazing stuff.

But they're not Trumps views. CNN brainwash these wackos into thinking they are Trumps views.
    Trump has invested so much in Black communities, show me a member of the KKK that does this?
    But the KKK support Trump, because the likes of CNN have convinced them that indeed he is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭briany

lawlolawl wrote: »
    The US opened Pandora's Box with "the right to bear arms". I don't ever see private gun ownership going away.

The US intelligence agencies took their collective eye off the ball in regards to keeping track of domestic/white supremacist terrorism whilst they'll were obsessed with Islamic extremists for the past decade plus. These groups are out in the wild now and the internet makes it very easy to organise, even through "harmless" sites like 4Chan and Reddit.

Another thing is the media handling these guys like they are scary comicbook villians and publishing their silly little manifestos. Treat them like the sad, broken losers they are. Maybe it'll make no difference but it takes some of their power away.

Crazy manifesto = ratings, baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

But they're not Trumps views. CNN brainwash these wackos into thinking they are Trumps views.

They are Trump's views.

Trump has invested so much in Black communities, show me a member of the KKK that does this?

His dad?

But the KKK support Trump, because the likes of CNN have convinced them that indeed he is one of them.

He enjoys their support and courts it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

chicorytip wrote: »
    He (the shooter) is right in one respect. An "invasion" of Hispanics, illegal and undocumented, is an accurate term to describe the huge numbers now coming across the border. Shooting them dead is not the solution however!! Let Trump build his wall.

Hol' up.

Three white people go on a shooting spree, clearly under the influence of right wing rhetoric, and murder indiscriminately (including children) and your answer is to build a wall to keep migrants out?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

He (the shooter) is right in one respect. An "invasion" of Hispanics, illegal and undocumented, is an accurate term to describe the huge numbers now coming across the border. Shooting them dead is not the solution however!! Let Trump build his wall.

Maybe everyone should go back where they came from and leave the country to the actual natives?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Are you seriously claiming that CNN convinced the KKK to support Trump?

That reporting when he says and does racist things is bad because it increases his appeal to racists?

David Duke (former chief magician or whatever of the KKK) explicitly cites Trump's own actions and words as the reason he supports the president.
    https://www.newsweek.com/kkk-leader-david-duke-tweets-thank-god-trump-thats-why-we-love-him-726023

But I guess that is Fake News, yeah?

MrFresh wrote: »
    They are Trump's views.

His dad?

He enjoys their support and courts it.

Trump

“Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans,”
    ''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭kikilarue2

Maybe everyone should go back where they came from and leave the country to the actual natives?

I'm sure native Americans would be delighted with that outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

They show the house in this tweet of the El Paso maniac. Looks like it’s worth a fair few bob. Obviously a pampered kid who now messed up the rest of his family’s lives.

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1157979493861974017?s=21

Not a good indication. House prices in Texas are really low. From mid $100ks to mid $500ks. These are in the same zip code as the mall the Walmart.

A good PR move from Walmart right now would be to withdraw sales of weapons & ammunition from all stores nationwide or at least greatly restrict the sales of it - longer wait times etc. Unfortunately this won't happen.

I still maintain that guns are not the issue. Vetting and mental assessment are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Trump

“Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans,”
    ''

But conveniently ignore all the other stuff he says.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I think I'll focus on far more serious problems like the fact we have some people so radicalised by your fear of Hispanics that they actually murder innocent people.

Trump

''

Why does David Duke (former KKK leader, current white supremacist) love him so much then?
    “We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said from the rally, calling it a “turning point.” “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.
    (said at the Charlottesville rally)

https://www.vox.com/2017/8/12/16138358/charlottesville-protests-david-duke-kkk

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Trump

''

Trump was sued by the Nixon administration for refusing to rent apartments to African Americans. You may hold what he says to be gospel but I'm afraid a man who says that wind turbines give people cancer doesn't hold much sway with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

The craziest bit of his manifesto was the environmental reasons.

Essentially: we consume too much, plastic is a big issue, recycling is ineffective, big corporations make it worse

...all sounded like a reasoned assessment of the problem, then came his solution...

"we're not going to change our ways so we need less people, if I shoot some there will be more resources for the rest of us..."

I'm paraphrasing but it was literally that dumb

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

Trump

''

Well that showed us.

I mean once you have a wquote from someone saying racism is bad, you can't possibly examine their actions and come up with a different outcome.

infant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

biko wrote: »
    USA - 112.6 guns per 100 residents.
    Serbia - 75.6.
    Yemen - 54.8.
    Switzerland - 45.7.
    Cyprus - 36.4.
    Saudi Arabia - 35.

You never hear about mass shootings on a weekly scale in the other places.

How many mass shootings have taken place in Serbia and Cyprus recently?

So if guns are solely to blame, wouldn't Serbia have had over 80 mass shootings this year seeing as America have had over 150 of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Knew this thread would descend into a exercise in Trump bashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Trump

''

Reporter : Did you know about the $130,000 payment to Stormy Daniels?

Trump: No, no.

Trump lies easily when it suits him or when he feels backed into a corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Another mass shooting in Ohio today with multiple fatalities.

Edit: 9 dead and 26 wounded in Dayton Ohio.
    The shooter was killed within @1minute of opening fire yet 35people were hit.
    Surely evidence that high capacity semi auto or full auto have no real place in "public" hands.
    Shooter also in body armour

The US is reaping the benefits of Trump and right wing activism.
    I really do hope that some change can be brought about to cut the volume of these incidents and reduce the divisiveness that is driving so many people to these acts

That White men are the primary actors in these attacks, needs to be addressed and dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

steddyeddy wrote: »
    It looks like the shooter was another "Mexicans, blacks natives and liberals are all out to get me sort of guy". Police are investigating a blog post attributed to him where he talks about a "Hispanic invasion".

Whys it being treated as a hate crime rather than terrorism? A hate crime sounds like a lefty term. Where terrorism is what they would call it if a brown person did it.

• Advertisement

Is he still the President of the US?

Does he, as President continually use the idea of invading hordes of 'illegals' coming in over the southern border to to drum up support and unite his voters?

Yeah, I can't see why anyone would think there was a connection between the language he uses about immigrants and someone apparently deciding to go out and shoot a crowd of people because they were immigrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Faugheen wrote: »
    I actually have no issue with the second amendment.

However, there is no reason for any ordinary citizen to own a semi-automatic weapon. It's absolutely ridiculous.

There are semi-automatic firearms in Ireland and we don't have mass shootings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Whys it being treated as a hate crime rather than terrorism? A hate crime sounds like a lefty term. Where terrorism is what they would call it if a brown person did it.

:rolleyes: More divisive non-sense.
    A source familiar with the investigative process said later Saturday that the FBI has opened a domestic terrorism investigation into the massacre. It will coincide with the state inquiry and Texas authorities will take the lead in the case.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/03/us/el-paso-shooting/index.html

B0jangles wrote: »
    Why does David Duke (former KKK leader, current white supremacist) love him so much then?

(said at the Charlottesville rally)

https://www.vox.com/2017/8/12/16138358/charlottesville-protests-david-duke-kkk

Because the leftist media has convinced him and many others that Trump is a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Hes the person that can actually do something. You know , the guy with power.

Yet the best he can manage is "thoughts and prayers"

****ing prayers? Let's for a minute pretend god is real. People are basically begging him to stop murdering or at the very least allowing their friends and family to be murdered.

No one sees how ridiculous that is? Now remember god isnt real and see how much more ridiculous it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Because the leftist media has convinced him and many others that Trump is a racist.

That may be the biggest load of tripe I've read on the site as of late...
    Hes the person that can actually do something. Your know , the guy with power.

Yet the best he can manage is "thoughts and prayers"

****ing prayers? Let's for a minute pretend god is real. People are basically begging him to stop murdering or at the very least allowing their friends and family to be murdered.

No one sees how ridiculous that is? Now remember god isnt real and see how much more ridiculous it is.

Plus he'll likely be referring to invading hoards in a matter of days...

White Supremacist and former KKK leader David Duke explicitly says in this tweet that the 'leftist media' won't tell you about the things he is learning from Donald Trump:
    https://twitter.com/DrDavidDuke/status/935879285562335232
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trump convinced me that Trump was a racist simply by the racist language Trump uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

BattleCorp wrote: »
    There are semi-automatic firearms in Ireland and we don't have mass shootings.

Texas has no universal background checks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭PressRun

It's not a mental health issue. Every country in the world has people with mental health issues. But not every country in the world has to deal with mass shootings on a regular basis.
    There is something inherently wrong with their society. They glorify violence at every turn from entertainment, their history, right up to the top of their political system. They turn mass shooters into anti-heroes, "lone wolves" who were just angry with the world and "snapped". They tip toe around white supremacy, continuing to kid themselves that racism "isn't what America is about", when racism is exactly what America is about and always has been. Instead of confronting its ugly past, it now acts like it's worse to call someone a racist than actually BE a racist. They're individualistic to the core and raised to believe that they're a special case. When we get to the heart of it, a lot of these shooters are self indulgent glory hunters who think the world owes them something and that attitude sums up the American psyche.
    And the worst part of all - the cultural tyranny America holds over the world means we all end up discussing problems that are not ours and have no meaningful impact on anyone's life outside of America. I wish it would just end.

Advertisement