Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass shooting in el paso

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,524 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If you think that you are wrong.

While the above comment is a rousing and enlightening comment in and of itself, perhaps you would care to actually contribute your thoughts that link one to the other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

The owner of 8chan, which has now been removed from the Internet, says the shooter did not upoad the manifesto to the site and the authorities are aware of this. Shooter was using instagram not 8chan. Manifesto was uploaded after the attack started. He says somebody else uploaded it and it may be (manifesto) a hoax. Interesting

Edit:the point being the manifesto was uploaded by the shooter to Instagram not 8chan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

The owner of 8chan, which has now been removed from the Internet, says the shooter did not upoad the manifesto to the site and the authorities are aware of this. Shooter was using instagram not 8chan. Manifesto was uploaded after the attack started. He says somebody else uploaded it and it may be (manifesto) a hoax. Interesting

Edit:the point being the manifesto was uploaded by the shooter to Instagram not 8chan

This isn't verified by the way, it's a claim that the FBI are unlikely to confirm and there's a pretty good chance that that he's making the claim to reduce the negative pr around them. Since they're associated with multiple attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

If it is a hoax then that's a disturbingly detailed manifesto for somebody to invent basically as news was coming out, especially as it doesn't seem to contradict the type of person he is. I read it myself on twitter but it was long before the shooter's identity was confirmed and when the situation was still described as active and the rumour of a second shooter, which always happens and is never true, was still going around
    Would somebody else just have uploaded it from his instagram? If it's fake then that's really weird I think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

joe40 wrote: »
    Lax gun laws are a danger to everyone. That is abundantly obvious.

I agree that lax gun laws are a danger to everyone. I don't think there should be a free-for-all on guns. There should be hoops that people have to jump through to get them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

The writer of the manifesto wrote lot about Texas and immigration. He even wrote a summary why he used the AK-47-style assault rifle for the attack. Very specific details to be a hoax. I be shocked if is a hoax?

Someone could easily have just uploaded the manifesto from Instagram to 8chan, surely? I saw copies of it when the first reports of shooting took place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Instagram claim it was not uploaded on their site before 8chan.
    https://www.cnet.com/news/8chan-owner-says-el-paso-shooter-didnt-post-manifesto/
    Who's telling the truth?

tuxy wrote: »
    Instagram claim it was not uploaded on their site before 8chan.
    https://www.cnet.com/news/8chan-owner-says-el-paso-shooter-didnt-post-manifesto/
    Who's telling the truth?

8Chan owner in your link claimed another user on his site uploaded it. Can they not identify him and his IP address?. Never used the site 8chan so don't know?

8Chan owner in your link claimed another user on his site uploaded it. Can they not identify him and his IP address?. Never used the site 8chan so don't know?

The official goal of 8chan is supposedly free speech and anonymity. VPN's are also widely used by people.

The official goal of 8chan is supposedly free speech and anonymity. VPN's are also widely used by people.

They can sign up and register without email? I guess you might find some clues if you search their past messages, maybe he talk about a locatiion or something? Your link is short on info, has the user disappeared after this?

• Advertisement

I am suspicious about Nicholas Cruz. How a kid with a learning disability got a kitted out AR15 ($1300) and passed a NRA basic Elementary safety and firing course? No red flags were raised. How did a kid with learning disabilities get that amount of money and the Characters that appeared afterwards were suspicious too. One kid father was a FBI agent and his mother was in CNN wasnt even in the school that day.

The second was the Vegas Shooting where the guy was a dodgy accountant and bought 60 M16s and then single handedly did the shooting where the audience were fenced in and the emergency escapes were blocked. The victims claimed there were three shooters at least.

I can not comment on the first part, never looked into it.

Las Vegas Shooting is not suspicious. Paddock was filmed on multiple hotel cctv cameras coming and going with suitcases every day. He did the shooting, and there nobody else involved. The police could see hear and see where the shots were coming from outside the hotel. They could see the flashes. They also discovered, the room he was in and they made their way up there , shooting was still heard when police tactical teams got closer to Paddock room.

Three shooters is fake news. The shooting occurred in a double room ( next to each other) Paddock rented both rooms. All the guns were pictured in his room with hotel windows in his room smashed. There not a chance in hell two gunmen escaped the hotel. Police had surrounded it on all sides and checkpoints were set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Nope doesnt ring right with me. Who sold him the gun? No gunshop is going to sell a gun to a suspicious person and then have the FBI come and revoke their lisence to sell guns the next day. Women dont buy their children guns. I couldnt see how

This is Texas there is little or no restrictions on gun sales you can buy your guns at Walmart and most shops that sell sporting goods ,
    He could have bought it privately for next to nothing ,
    In Texas women and children own guns a lot of families would have their own collection especially the families I've met out there

They can sign up and register without email? I guess you might find some clues if you search their past messages, maybe he talk about a locatiion or something? Your link is short on info, has the user disappeared after this?

I've not used 8chan but my understanding with any of the chan image posting sites is you just go onto the site type a message, attach an image and hit post.

Gatling wrote: »
    This is Texas there is little or no restrictions on gun sales you can buy your guns at Walmart and most ships that sell sporting goods ,
    He could have bought it privately for next to nothing ,
    In Texas women and children own guns a lot of families would have their own collection especially the families I've met out there

But he was talking about Nick Cruz from Florida not Texas. That said it's not difficult to get a gun in Florida and there are reports of his mother helping him get the necessary ID and interviews with the gun owner that sold him the AR-15.

When skooterblue2 says he finds these shooting suspicious I still don't know what he means.

Not for the amount of ammo that was dropped in the time period. Also why did he have 60 M16's it seems excessive. I know lads over in the states with 40 different firearms weapons (all legit) but all different. He was a registered Democrat. It just doesnt make sense.

False. He used a variety of different assault rifles. Where did you hear he used 60 M-16 rifles?

None of the concert-goers saw Paddock. He was high up and did the shooting from an elevated position from inside his hotel room.

He also used bump stocks which I believe have been banned federally since.

But he was talking about Nick Cruz from Florida not Texas. That said it's not difficult to get a gun in Florida and there are reports of his mother helping him get the necessary ID and interviews with the gun owner that sold him the AR-15.

Missed that part,but it's similar in Florida you can buy direct from a seller at a gun show with no checks or requirements ,guns are pretty cheap to buy especially private sales you can buy an AR 15 type gun for under $500

He also used bump stocks which I believe have been banned federally since.

But they still in peoples hands ,they already have a system to replace them that doesn't require a bump stock

But they still in peoples hands ,they already have a system to replace them that doesn't require a bump stock

True but I don't think anyone expected the U.S to change the law in any meaningful way.

True but I don't think anyone expected the U.S to change the law in any meaningful way.

Didn't happen after sandy hook it's never going to happen the NRA and lobby groups control most of the Congress ,and senate which means they are extremely powerful and
    They don't need any president either

• Advertisement

Apologies.

*Actually on the day of this I posted correcting a post on the gun used poster said it was an AK-47 I said AR15/M16 after seeing pictures of the AR -15 before I seen the cctv of the shooter and his AK-47 *

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Didn't happen after sandy hook it's never going to happen the NRA and lobby groups control most of the Congress ,and senate which means they are extremely powerful and
    They don't need any president either

To steal a john Oliver joke, the NRA aren't even the largest/richest lobby with those initials; That'd be the national realtors association.

They have an easy job, they are a 1 issue group and have the 2nd amendment.

Varik wrote: »

They have an easy job, they are a 1 issue group and have the 2nd amendment.

That's it exactly that's why they control Congress and senate ,
    And that's where they put the big donations they rarely Bother with presidential campaigns ,
    I believe they give between 2-4 million to the two main president candidates where tens of millions goes to the senate and Congress allowing them to block and kill and gun control laws

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

That's it exactly that's why they control Congress and senate ,
    And that's where they put the big donations they rarely Bother with presidential campaigns ,
    I believe they give between 2-4 million to the two main president candidates where tens of millions goes to the senate and Congress allowing them to block and kill and gun control laws

It's not just the money, their members actually do something. Their site lists ever tiny bit of related news and give locations and times for ever bill debate and public meeting. it's 5 million people who actually show up.

It isn't like here where we find out after the fact what the council or government is planning and then have a moan.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

It's not just the money, their members actually do something. Their site lists ever tiny bit of related news and give locations and times for ever bill debate and public meeting. it's 5 million people who actually show up.

It isn't like here where we find out after the fact what the council or government is planning and then have a moan.

They're organised but they're at the root of the mass shooting problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

To steal a john Oliver joke,

If we are stealing jokes...
    I saw this earlier that does measure up the state of play stateside quite succinctly IMO.

Why don't Americans ever joke about mass shootings?

Because it's always too soon! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

CNN are running with '' it's all Trumps fault '' since it happened. They are brainwashing a lot of dangerous people into doing ''Trumps Work''

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

"Beat the **** out of him "
    "Greb enm by the pu##y"
    He was talking about his own people. Some leader. !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

CNN are running with '' it's all Trumps fault '' since it happened. They are brainwashing a lot of dangerous people into doing ''Trumps Work''

You're telling us CNN are now inciting right-wing terrorism? :D

Woah, this is a new angle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Explain that a bit.

Advertisement