Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass shooting in el paso

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    You're telling us CNN are now inciting right-wing terrorism? :D

Woah, this is a new angle.

CNN and the leftest media are only ones brainwashing these guys into thinking Trump is a racist who hates blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, Women.

Trump himself has stated many times that he's no racist, and racist groups don't represent him/
    SO yes, this 24/7 drumming in of ''trump hates Hispanics, Trump hates Blacks'' is dangerous, as it only take one mentally ill person to pick up a gun to do '' Trumps work''

CNN are the ones convincing guys to shoot up places, not Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

CNN and the leftest media are only ones brainwashing these guys into thinking Trump is a racist who hates blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, Women.

Trump himself has stated many times that he's no racist, and racist groups don't represent him/
    SO yes, this 24/7 drumming in of ''trump hates Hispanics, Trump hates Blacks'' is dangerous, as it only take one mentally ill person to pick up a gun to do '' Trumps work''

He's also stated he knows science well and later said wind energy gives you cancer. So I'd recommend not being so gullible to take someone at their word for something.

Trump was sued by the Nixon administration for refusing to rent houses to African Americans. That's more telling than anything he says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

So you're saying "Trump's Work" is actually terrorism against ethnic minorities?

Jaysus, not even I said that.

And CNN is inciting it?

Woah, you could knock me down with a feather.

This makes QAnon seem plausible by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

LOL. Well if Trump says he's no racist then he couldn't possibly be racist.

In all seriousness, I don't have a clue of he's racist or not. But it's clear that he's using racist sentiment to stir up his Base. I see it as a cynical device rather than a deeply held personal belief. But he is certainly using racial divides to his advantage.

If you don't see any of the ways he has done that then I don't know what to tell you. But yes, I'm sure it's actually CNN causing all the trouble by attributing things Trump said, to Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

Just when in this mad age we live in when it was getting increasingly hard to be nuts.

So you're saying that

a: Trump isn't anti immigrant and hasn't moved the discourse on immigration

b: a fan of Trump would watch CNN and believe them that Trump is a racist

c: this fan would love Trump so much but for some reason ignore him and believe cnn's version and then go out and shoot people for Trump

WOW! Really, I've read some insane **** on boards but this wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

This is actually one of the comparatively less crazy opinions you'll get from a Trump supporter, though it's obviously still completely bat****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Gatling wrote: »
    This is Texas there is little or no restrictions on gun sales you can buy your guns at Walmart and most shops that sell sporting goods ,
    He could have bought it privately for next to nothing ,
    In Texas women and children own guns a lot of families would have their own collection especially the families I've met out there

Its not Texas its Florida which is a different state.
    There is also a 3 day waiting period to do a background check/cooling off period.
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.0655.html

790.0655 Purchase and delivery of firearms; mandatory waiting period; exceptions; penalties.—
    (1)(a) A mandatory waiting period is imposed between the purchase and delivery of a firearm. The mandatory waiting period is 3 days, excluding weekends and legal holidays, or expires upon the completion of the records checks required under s. 790.065, whichever occurs later. “Purchase” means the transfer of money or other valuable consideration to the retailer. “Retailer” means and includes a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer engaged in the business of making firearm sales at retail or for distribution, or use, or consumption, or storage to be used or consumed in this state, as defined in s. 212.02(13).
    (b) Records of firearm sales must be available for inspection by any law enforcement agency, as defined in s. 934.02, during normal business hours.
    (2) The waiting period does not apply in the following circumstances:
    (a) When a firearm is being purchased by a holder of a concealed weapons permit as defined in s. 790.06.
    (b) To a trade-in of another firearm.
    (c) To the purchase of a rifle or shotgun, upon a person’s successfully completing a minimum of a 16-hour hunter safety course and possessing a hunter safety certification card issued under s. 379.3581. A person who is exempt from the hunter safety course requirements under s. 379.3581 and holds a valid Florida hunting license is exempt from the mandatory waiting period under this section for the purchase of a rifle or shotgun.
    (d) When a rifle or shotgun is being purchased by a law enforcement officer or correctional officer, as those terms are defined in s. 943.10(1), (2), (3), (6), (7), (8), or (9), or a servicemember as defined in s. 250.01.
    (3) It is a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084:
    (a) For any retailer, or any employee or agent of a retailer, to deliver a firearm before the expiration of the waiting period, subject to the exceptions provided in subsection (2).
    (b) For a purchaser to obtain delivery of a firearm by fraud, false pretense, or false representation.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

A lot of people live in opposite world. How does it feel after quitting fact based thinking? Does it make you feel more powerful when you claim a toaster is in fact a kettle?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Its not Texas its Florida which is a different state.
    There is also a 3 day waiting period to do a background check/cooling off period

Only applies if you actually buy from actual retailer's

Private sales no or the gun show loophole

"With discussions about gun control, the show is obviously drawing some controversy, Especially when it comes to the so called “gun show loophole.”

The loophole allows people to buy a gun without getting a background check, however, it’s not necessarily a gun show issue.

Of the hundreds of vendors at the fairgrounds for the event, more than 95 percent of them are required by law to run background checks as licensed dealers.

But, private citizens who come to the show can also sell their weapons. And like any sale of a private firearm in the state of Florida, no background check is required."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Hmmm I have my suspicions about a few of the mass shooting. Some of them just seem to be too perfect. The school child with learning disabilities (got 1300 together to kit out an AR15?) and the accountant with 60, M-16 in Vegas?

Getting back to this. Are you still suspicions about these shootings? Can you give other examples or is it just these two? Also we still don't know what you mean by "suspicions"

Gatling wrote: »
    Only applies if you actually buy from actual retailer's

Private sales no or the gun show loophole

"With discussions about gun control, the show is obviously drawing some controversy, Especially when it comes to the so called “gun show loophole.”

The loophole allows people to buy a gun without getting a background check, however, it’s not necessarily a gun show issue.

Of the hundreds of vendors at the fairgrounds for the event, more than 95 percent of them are required by law to run background checks as licensed dealers.

But, private citizens who come to the show can also sell their weapons. And like any sale of a private firearm in the state of Florida, no background check is required."

You still have to show a license. To get that license you have to have no criminal record. The seller still has to check the licence. I think a licence holder at least the ones I know are very protective and observant of the law. You know who is not observant of the law? illegal fire arms holders, you know the ones who carry out most of the shootings? But we dont want to discuss them? You want to take guns from legitimate citizens with no criminal records.

tuxy wrote: »
    Getting back to this. Are you still suspicions about these shootings? Can you give other examples or is it just these two? Also we still don't know what you mean by "suspicions"

We can do that after you start picking through the differences between HFA and Schizophrenia, that is suspicious in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Problem is that these shootings are what push the discussion but the specific of them don't apply to millions of guns sold or the 15K homicides a year.

These people likely won't show up on any background check.

We can do that after you start picking through the differences between HFA and Schizophrenia, that is suspicious in my mind.

I've no formal training on diagnosing people with mental health issues.
    I will have to go with what professionals have previously diagnosed him with.
    Nothing he was diagnosed with would have prevented him from legally obtaining guns.

As far as Paddock and M-16's, he had no full auto rifles. It is possible for the general public to buy older full auto guns(sold before 1986) but they are very difficult to obtain. Why do you think he has that model of gun and why are there no reports on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I was looking at donald Trumps twitter page and going through the responses and 1 that caught my eye was 1 that said you can have this anywhere even Ireland/UK so I responded can you tell me of a mass shooting in Ireland this year.

Another came back and said they did not say this year but do you remember 1998 and listed off the killed and injured. I went 1998 is the last one can you see what has happened in Ireland since then. I also mention the safety health checks that Trump would like are the same Obama had until Trump got rid. I said was 1998 all he had

Last post from the poster was and I will type out was "No 1998 isn't. Who does Ireland belong to? How many dies for things to be the same. Do you think 100's of years for independance wars are over and will never happen again? Sure made easier when your disarmed

Went straight for the incvasion line so I said come have a go and nearly 100 years and no one has tried yet. Asked what type of gun he had for thee army that would invade the US he would stop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    You're telling us CNN are now inciting right-wing terrorism? :D

Woah, this is a new angle.

It's not really. It's just something Trump claimed and some people still haven't figured that Trump is full of sh!t.

Is this satire or has the penny just not dropped yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

[citation needed]

Ah, so you're having a go at satire. Fair enough.

For a minute there, you had me thinking that you were a bit touched by God, as they say.

• Advertisement

Nothing he was diagnosed with would have prevented him from legally obtaining guns.

As far as Paddock and M-16's, he had no full auto rifles. It is possible for the general public to buy older full auto guns(sold before 1986) but they are very difficult to obtain. Why do you think he has that model of gun and why are there no reports on it?

Have you ever had mental health issue? One in three of us will in out lifetime. One in four of those that see help will be on medication. Would you be comfortable with that being shared with anyone other than your doctor/medical professional?
    Well you can research it, He was diagnosed in time before when there is an overlap between Autism emerges and when Schizophrenia starts to become a visible problem. Then why is he talking about voices in his head, this is not an autistic trait? Surely a psychologist would have picked up on this?

If you want to deal with Paddock, why had he 22 rifles and an AK(it could be C47 variant)? That doesnt make any sense. Surely he would have bought drum magazines? Why 22 rifles?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The media needs to stop glorifying theses mass killers. There names/pictures should never be shown.

Is this satire or has the penny just not dropped yet?

Who is convincing anyone who will listen that Trump is a racist an a supporter of white supremacy?
    Trump??? No!
    The leftest media are. No one else but them are trying and succeeding in convincing people that he is, and these far right groups have claimed him as one of them because of it, even though he has come out and said all these hate groups have no place in America.
    But CNN still push it and push it on people, and then one of these guys who believes it thinks he's doing Trumps work in shooting up some Hispanics

Who is convincing anyone who will listen that Trump is a racist an a supporter of white supremacy?

Trump is only asking all immigrants to come legally and pay taxes like proper civilised Americans. Big Industry only wants cheap labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

You're wasting your time mate, these people have no interest in the truth. They obsess over out of context quotes and given that the MSM repeats them on a loop over and over, building a racist narrative around them, they become indisputable facts to them.

Look at this piece of garrabe lying about Trump, repeating the two year lie that he called Neo-Nazis 'fine people':

They sow racial division 24-7 as without it they have nothing. The democrats thrive on the false notion that the opponents all white supremacists and that they have the monopoly on compassion and empathy. They don't though, they just have the monopoly on sanctimony and hypocrisy.

MSNMC even had some moron on saying Trump s flying the flags at half mast until Aug 8th because 8 is an important number to white nationalists. Now can you imagine if Fox News said something similar about Obama flying flags at half mast. MSM in America was hijacked by the loony left a long time ago.

Here's a clip that shows just what Trump has had to deal with these liars since his inauguration with regards to his so called refusal to condemn white supremacists:

https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1158610660697108480

Have you ever had mental health issue? One in three of us will in out lifetime. One in four of those that see help will be on medication. Would you be comfortable with that being shared with anyone other than your doctor/medical professional?
    Well you can research it, He was diagnosed in time before when there is an overlap between Autism emerges and when Schizophrenia starts to become a visible problem. Then why is he talking about voices in his head, this is not an autistic trait? Surely a psychologist would have picked up on this?

You can't expect him to make much sense while interviewed in a highly distressed state
    If you want to deal with Paddock, why had he 22 rifles and an AK(it could be C47 variant)? That doesn't make any sense. Surely he would have bought drum magazines? Why 22 rifles?

He was a gun enthusiast he had loads of guns and high capacity magazines in the hotel room. He owned the rifles so why not have them there? Clearly he loved guns so why no have your collection with you before you die.

You're wasting your time mate, these people have no interest in the truth. They obsess over out of context quotes and given that the MSM repeats them on a loop over and over, building a racist narrative around them, they become indisputable facts to them.

Look at this piece of garrabe lying about Trump, repeating the two year lie that he called Neo-Nazis 'fine people':

They sow racial division 24-7 as without it they have nothing. The democrats thrive on the false notion that the opponents all white supremacists and that they have the monopoly on compassion and empathy. They don't though, they just have the monopoly on sanctimony and hypocrisy.

MSNMC even had some moron on saying Trump s flying the flags at half mast until Aug 8th because 8 is an important number to white nationalists. Now can you imagine if Fox News said something similar about Obama flying flags at half mast. MSM in America was hijacked by the loony left a long time ago.

Here's a clip that shows just what Trump has had to deal with these liars since his inauguration with regards to his so called refusal to condemn white supremacists:

https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1158610660697108480

People can see for themselves what Trump said. There are videos, you know?

Trump blames the media for everything and you're guzzling it down.

There's a reason why people like David Duke and the MAGA bomber support Trump and it's not because of tax cuts.

You can't expect him to make much sense while interviewed in a highly distressed state

He was a gun enthusiast he had loads of guns and high capacity magazines in the hotel room. He owned the rifles so why not have them there? Clearly he loved guns so why no have your collection with you before you die.

hmmmm It would be more sensible to have a smaller amount of rifles and more drum magazines. The numbers are very high with close on 60 dead and 600 casualties for one shooter? Even with full auto? Its not ringing right for me and I used to shoot.

hmmmm It would be more sensible to have a smaller amount of rifles and more drum magazines. The numbers are very high with close on 60 dead and 600 casualties for one shooter? Even with full auto? Its not ringing right for me and I used to shoot.

Dayton, Ohio shooter 9 dead in about 1 minute
    Las Vegas shooter 59 deaths in about 15 minutes

Both used 100 round drum magazines but the Las Vegas shooter used a bump stock and had the optimal vantage point.

Do you think there were more than one shooter in Dayton?

• Advertisement

So you dont know what I am talking about? DSM-V, DISCO, ICD-10? these are not familiar to you. HFA/Aspergers/PDD/ADHD/ASD/ADD/ Willi Prader? you cant distinguish between them? No kid with any of the above would be talking about hearing voices. That is suspicious to me.

Advertisement