Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Four years later, time to go Ryzen!

Options
  • 03-08-2019 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭

I've been using Intel for a long time, but the latest Ryzen Gen 3 CPU's really have my interest peaked and I'm looking to upgrade. I'm quite happy with the GPU and not really looking to move up to the RTX or Super ones. Main use is gaming on a 27" 1440p ROG Swift monitor, with a second monitor for Netflix etc

Current system:
    CPU: Core i5 4690k
    MBD: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition
    GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    RAM: 8Gb DDR3 1866Mhz
    PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W '80 Plus Gold
    Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i'

Now, I've read about some issues with Ryzen 3rd Gen CPU's having issues with some motherboards, so I just want to make sure there's going to be no issues. Comes to just over £600 and happy to keep the power supply. It's all going to be put into a Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic. I'm also happy to use the stock CPU cooler as I've been told it's just fine for the job

CPU: RYZEN 5 3600
    MBD: Gigabyte X570 GAMING X (AMD AM4)
    SSD: Corsair FORCE MP510 SERIES 480GB NVME PCIE M.2 (mostly for the OS)
    RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 3600MHZ

Advertisement