Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinemas that aren't disgraceful prices!

Options
  • 04-08-2019 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all

Two adults and one toddler here, we want to go see the toy story 4 in a nearby cinema. Doesn't have to be be blanchardstown or liffey valley.

Does anyone know if there are cheaper days and times for any showings of toy story 4 on the North or west side of Dublin?

Did a quick Google bus everything seems to be 11to €16 per adult... Which seems a bit mental to me. Maybe that's the price of these days I don't know!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

If either of you are on Three, the Three Plus app gets you two adult tickets for EUR 10, Sunday to Thursday. Otherwise Wednesdays in Odeon Blanch are (I think) EUR 6 per adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Nalz wrote: »
    Hey all

Two adults and one toddler here, we want to go see the toy story 4 in a nearby cinema. Doesn't have to be be blanchardstown or liffey valley.

Does anyone know if there are cheaper days and times for any showings of toy story 4 on the North or west side of Dublin?

Did a quick Google bus everything seems to be 11to €16 per adult... Which seems a bit mental to me. Maybe that's the price of these days I don't know!

Do you know how much money they make off that?

Sweet f*ck all.

Surely you are taking the piss with your post, but as a reminder when you are going, make sure you buy the popcorn, drinks, sweets etc and support the jobs of these people, who are often young people remember. Don't be as tight as a ducks arse and transfer it on to the back of young minimum wage people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Vue cinema in Ashbourne is great value, provided you can get there. About 20 min drive from Blanchardstown. Every film every day €4.99

https://www.myvue.com/cinema/ashbourne/whats-on

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

myshirt, do not post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭StoptheClocks

Wednesday's is usually 1/2 price in odeon cinema's https://www.odeoncinemas.ie/bargain-wednesday/.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

€11 - €16 per adult seems cheap to me for an evenings entertainment. And cinemas couldn't survive if they had to depend on money from ticket sales. What is very expensive is all the popcorn, sugary sodas, sweets, ice creams etc they sell. But buying these is not compulsory.
    However if I went to a cinema and had to listen to a crying toddler I would be annoyed. Probably leave and ask for my money back.
    Had to listen to crying babies at two weddings recently and thought they ruined the ceremonies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Weltsmertz wrote: »
    €11 - €16 per adult seems cheap to me for an evenings entertainment. And cinemas couldn't survive if they had to depend on money from ticket sales. What is very expensive is all the popcorn, sugary sodas, sweets, ice creams etc they sell. But buying these is not compulsory.
    However if I went to a cinema and had to listen to a crying toddler I would be annoyed. Probably leave and ask for my money back.
    Had to listen to crying babies at two weddings recently and thought they ruined the ceremonies.

If you go to a kids film you are going to get kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,553 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Into Dealz for all those, 1/3 of the price for the same stuff.

eviltwin wrote: »
    If you go to a kids film you are going to get kids.

Yup. But the OP said they were bringing a toddler. Which makes me question why they feel the need to watch a kids film. Baby isn't going know the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yup. But the OP said they were bringing a toddler. Which makes me question why they feel the need to watch a kids film. Baby isn't going know the difference.

A baby isnt a toddler.

• Advertisement

A baby isnt a toddler.

Well ok. But a one or two year old isn't going to have the cognitive ability to appreciate a movie. It will probably spend most of it crying.for attention.

Well ok. But a one or two year old isn't going to have the cognitive ability to appreciate a movie. It will probably spend most of it crying.for attention.

A 2 year old will happily sit and watch a movie, do you even have children?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭shane b

I know some cinemas have deals for kids but they are normally for midday starts if those times suit.
    We tried twice but couldn't get our little one dressed and into the car by 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Mine wouldn't have but then again I knew that enough not to waste money bringing him to the cinema until he was about 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Wow. Posts focused on me being a cheapskate and the age of my son. He's nearly 3 by the way and very good quiet kid

I'll rephrase my question. When is there good deals on in any of the cinemas near or in Dublin 15?

Arciphel wrote: »
    Vue cinema in Ashbourne is great value, provided you can get there. About 20 min drive from Blanchardstown. Every film every day €4.99

Thanks, and thanks to the other two posters also.

Three actually. And I wouldn't have brought a two year old to the cinema. Out of consideration for other cinema goers if nothing else.

Three actually. And I wouldn't have brought a two year old to the cinema. Out of consideration for other cinema goers if nothing else.

The horror of bringing a child to a children's movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Shady:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

The odeon cinema in charlestown is far nicer and also cheaper than the one in Blanchardstown. Parking is much easier too. Only save a euro per person but the seats are in better condition and it is a cleaner Cinema.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

AlanG wrote: »
    The odeon cinema in charlestown is far nicer and also cheaper than the one in Blanchardstown. Parking is much easier too. Only save a euro per person but the seats are in better condition and it is a cleaner Cinema.

What is the story with parking?

I remember hearing horror stories of people being clamped etc when it first opened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

jeffk wrote: »
    What is the story with parking?

I remember hearing horror stories of people being clamped etc when it first opened

3 hours free in carpark under cinema, after that its 1:50 per hour pay on exit so no clamping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

AlanG wrote: »
    3 hours free in carpark under cinema, after that its 1:50 per hour pay on exit so no clamping.

This is going to sound obvious

But thats the one with the odeon/plex sign above the entrance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Nalz wrote: »
    Hey all

Check out VUE Super Mondays. You need to sign up and they send you a code. Add this as a promo code when buying tickets.

Three Plus (need to be a Three mobile customer) do 2 for €10 Sun-Thurs in Odeon, IMC and the Savoy.

Odeon do cheap tickets on a Wednesday on their website. €6.75 per person today for Toy Story.

If you're in a union, see do they do special offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Wow great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Cineworld have a day they encourage babies and toddlers - its cheap and nice to know you wont be upsetting others by bringing very young kids

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/cinebabies

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭firebird84

Movies@Swords have a good kids club on weekend mornings and even during the week in the holidays. You have to wait a while for newer releases but it's 4.70 a ticket and easy enough to get to from Blanch via the M1. I take my toddler to it at least once at month, (mainly to just upset people who don't like toddlers in the cinema).

https://movies-at.ie/mornings/kids-club/

Again thank you everyone for the suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

firebird84 wrote: »
    Movies@Swords have a good kids club on weekend mornings and even during the week in the holidays. You have to wait a while for newer releases but it's 4.70 a ticket and easy enough to get to from Blanch via the M1. I take my toddler to it at least once at month, (mainly to just upset people who don't like toddlers in the cinema).

https://movies-at.ie/mornings/kids-club/

The Odeon Kidsclub is only 2.50 (add 75c if booking online) and they've the Newbies on Tuesdays that you can bring babies to. Likewise its not latest movies but its excellent value, I used to love the baby screenings when I'd smallies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Thanks for the suggestion Arciphel, wouldn't have known otherwise and the offer is still valid.

Went to Ashbourne this evening for the first time to watch Joker. Cinema and even the car park was packed despite the heavy rain but clean place and comfortable rocker seats with plenty of leg room so will try going again. €5 per ticket if bought in person but frustratingly €5.75 if purchased online (should be the other way round)

Standard ticket in Odeon, Blanch is now €15.25 which I refuse to pay so sometimes go to the Lighthouse in Smithfield which is a much nicer cinema but even their prices have increased from €10 to €11.50 and it's still a drive.

Hopefully the offer in Vue, Ashbourne continues

Advertisement