Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinemas that aren't disgraceful prices!

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

7 Euro 50 each in Ennis this evening for The Joker

7:50 each for medium Coke popcorn and small bag of minstrel s

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

I was going to go to the cinema as I had not been in over a year ..
    Went to town, picked up a record player and ate all the junk food in mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Standard ticket in Odeon, Blanch is now €15.25 which I refuse to pay so sometimes go to the Lighthouse in Smithfield which is a much nicer cinema but even their prices have increased from €10 to €11.50 and it's still a drive.
    Do you pay for parking at Smithfield? How much is it? Does the price work out the same?

Same for Ashbourne - the travel time and petrol must make a dent in the savings from the lower ticket prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

daymobrew wrote: »
    Do you pay for parking at Smithfield? How much is it? Does the price work out the same?

Same for Ashbourne - the travel time and petrol must make a dent in the savings from the lower ticket prices.

Blanch to Ashbourne is only 15 mins. 20 max with traffic. Free parking in Ashbourne, no time limit and a massive car park. It's on a site with a fun zone place for kids, an argos, equipet, an out of hours doctors and a Mr. Price. Would make a lot more sense to go to Ashbourne from Blanch

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

ozmo wrote: »
    Cineworld have a day they encourage babies and toddlers - its cheap and nice to know you wont be upsetting others by bringing very young kids

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/cinebabies
    KGLady wrote: »
    The Odeon Kidsclub is only 2.50 (add 75c if booking online) and they've the Newbies on Tuesdays that you can bring babies to. Likewise its not latest movies but its excellent value, I used to love the baby screenings when I'd smallies.

Any showings of Joker for babies and toddlers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

nthclare wrote: »
    7 Euro 50 each in Ennis this evening for The Joker

7:50 each for medium Coke popcorn and small bag of minstrel s

films that are rated under 16 usually cost a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Just a reminder folks to keep checking cinema prices if you want a good price, looking at Jumanji for Friday, same time for 1 adult, 2 kids and Charlestown is €5 cheaper than Blanch. Nicer cinema as well

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

dobman88 wrote: »
    Blanch to Ashbourne is only 15 mins. 20 max with traffic. Free parking in Ashbourne, no time limit and a massive car park. It's on a site with a fun zone place for kids, an argos, equipet, an out of hours doctors and a Mr. Price. Would make a lot more sense to go to Ashbourne from Blanch

It is 20km each way, say three litres of petrol, which is €4.50 for a round trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

would love a cinema in our town, but the nearest is just 25min away, ours was knocked down even though when it was built many many years ago it was given as a gift to the people of our town, then it closed and a local business man bought it, it then was knocked down[over night] and one of the local big wigs put a car park on the site for his clients.

Advertisement