If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oled and soundbar

Options
  • 04-08-2019 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I am looking for a recommendation for a 55" oled with the choices between the lgb8, Philips 803 and the Panasonic 55FZ802.
    I am looking for a soundbar also so had considered the Philips 55oled903, however how would you rate this soundbar? I am looking for something with decent cinematic sound in a nice package but would I be better served with a soundbar with a wireless sub?
    Could you recommend one of these, with a budget for soundbar around the 500 euro mark. Also could you give a total price including a bracket to mount the TV. Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

caution wrote: »
    I am looking for a recommendation for a 55" oled with the choices between the lgb8, Philips 803 and the Panasonic 55FZ802.
    I am looking for a soundbar also so had considered the Philips 55oled903, however how would you rate this soundbar? I am looking for something with decent cinematic sound in a nice package but would I be better served with a soundbar with a wireless sub?
    Could you recommend one of these, with a budget for soundbar around the 500 euro mark. Also could you give a total price including a bracket to mount the TV. Thanks.
    Hi Caution.

Thanks for the post.

The TV's would be priced as follows:

LG 55B8PLA priced at £1099 - I could squeeze down to £1079. Or its listed up at 1249 Euro

At the minute there is no stock available on either the Philips 55 803 or 903 OLED televisions. I will try and find out if there is due to be anymore of these arriving once our purchasing department are back in their office tomorrow morning.

The Panasonic 55FZ802 currently priced at £1199.00. I could could squeeze a little bit of this down to £1175.00 Or its also priced up at 1299 Euro.

For a soundbar the likes of the Sony F9000 which can decode Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. Also has a wireless subwoofer coming in at 419 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203248-sony-htxf9000-soundbar.aspx

There is also the Yamaha Bar 400 a little over budget at 529 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203613-yamaha-musiccast-bar-400-soundbar.aspx

Do you need a bracket that holds the TV flat to the wall or one that offers full motion?

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 caution

Hi Caution.

Thanks for the post.

The TV's would be priced as follows:

LG 55B8PLA priced at £1099 - I could squeeze down to £1079. Or its listed up at 1249 Euro

At the minute there is no stock available on either the Philips 55 803 or 903 OLED televisions. I will try and find out if there is due to be anymore of these arriving once our purchasing department are back in their office tomorrow morning.

The Panasonic 55FZ802 currently priced at £1199.00. I could could squeeze a little bit of this down to £1175.00 Or its also priced up at 1299 Euro.

For a soundbar the likes of the Sony F9000 which can decode Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. Also has a wireless subwoofer coming in at 419 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203248-sony-htxf9000-soundbar.aspx

There is also the Yamaha Bar 400 a little over budget at 529 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203613-yamaha-musiccast-bar-400-soundbar.aspx

Do you need a bracket that holds the TV flat to the wall or one that offers full motion?

Let me know your thoughts.
    Sorry yes the mount would be flat to the wall, however as my power sockets are located behind the TV at the top line I would need the
    tv to sit out a bit. My current TV sits out about 6cm I'm assuming most mounts would have a gap and not be fully flush?

I just noticed I stated the b8 oled but I meant the c8 oled as a I believe this is more comparable to the Panasonic, do ye have much stock of these? I see there is a promotion on these also, is that expected to run for long?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I just noticed I stated the b8 oled but I meant the c8 oled as a I believe this is more comparable to the Panasonic, do ye have much stock of these? I see there is a promotion on these also, is that expected to run for long?
    Hi Caution.

The 55C8PLA is currently listed at £1299 and we have voucher (RSTV125) running against it which drop the price to £1174.00
    There is no set end date on this promo and it could end at any time.
    Was the code is removed from our website we will no longer be able to honour it.
    The code is only valid on the STERLING price.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203216-lg-oled55c8pla-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Hi Caution.

The 55C8PLA is currently listed at £1299 and we have voucher (RSTV125) running against it which drop the price to £1174.00
    Was the code is removed from our website we will no longer be able to honour it.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203216-lg-oled55c8pla-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Hi Kenny, I am looking to make a purchase on the above TV LG oled55c8 if that voucher code is still active as above at 1174 sterling.
    For a bracket I would think the sansu vll5 maybe OK. But I would need 5cm from the very top of the wall to accomodate plugs. The oled is thinner on top so should be OK?
    With regards to a soundbar I am still on the fence. I am leaning towards a soundbar with no subwoofer such as the sonos beam or Sony HTX8500, I have heard the beam and it sounded good but have not heard the Sony. Would you recommend either of these? Would the Sony compare especially for movies. If neither of these would you consider the Sony z9f soundbar a much better buy. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Caution.

Hi Kenny, I am looking to make a purchase on the above TV LG oled55c8 if that voucher code is still active as above at 1174 sterling.
    For a bracket I would think the sansu vll5 maybe OK. But I would need 5cm from the very top of the wall to accomodate plugs. The oled is thinner on top so should be OK?
    With regards to a soundbar I am still on the fence. I am leaning towards a soundbar with no subwoofer such as the sonos beam or Sony HTX8500, I have heard the beam and it sounded good but have not heard the Sony. Would you recommend either of these? Would the Sony compare especially for movies. If neither of these would you consider the Sony z9f soundbar a much better buy. Thanks.
    Hi caution,

Unfortunately that voucher code has finished on that OLED TV. The top of the TV is very thin and the casing is thicker at the bottom so it would give you a gap at the top.

The Sony is a very good soundbar and would probably be a better fit for movies as it has the upward firing Atmos speakers. The Sony will do a better job with surround sound than the Beam however the Beam is better for music and can be added to with the other Sonos components.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi caution,

Unfortunately that voucher code has finished on that OLED TV. The top of the TV is very thin and the casing is thicker at the bottom so it would give you a gap at the top.

The Sony is a very good soundbar and would probably be a better fit for movies as it has the upward firing Atmos speakers. The Sony will do a better job with surround sound than the Beam however the Beam is better for music and can be added to with the other Sonos components.

Kind regards

David

That's a bit disappointing but my own fault for delaying I suppose. I noticed on another thread here that the 55b8pla has a voucher tv75 for price of 1024 until 11th of August. My original concern between that and the c8 was brightness but with a large price diff I might just go with b8pla. Would it be possible to arrange purchase of this. I would look to pay In sterling to avail of discount. The mount however is priced higher in sterling is there movement on this.
    I may hold off on the soundbar purchase and come back when I have had an opportunity to give them all a listen unless there is a benefit price wise when purchasing with a TV?

Hi caution,

Kind regards

David

That's a bit disappointing but my own fault for delaying I suppose. I noticed on another thread here that the 55b8pla has a voucher tv75 for price of 1024 until 11th of August. My original concern between that and the c8 was brightness but with a large price diff I might just go with b8pla. Would it be possible to arrange purchase of this. I would look to pay In sterling to avail of discount. The mount however is priced higher in sterling is there movement on this.
    I may hold off on the soundbar purchase and come back when I have had an opportunity to give them all a listen unless there is a benefit price wise when purchasing with a TV?
    Hi caution,

The RSTV75 voucher has finished on the OLED55B8PLA as well, I've just had a check on the website.

I actually own a B8PLA and it's amazing. There is a bit better brightness on the C8 and a bit less noise in darker scenes on the C8 butI'm still extremely impressed with the B8PLA.

If you'd still like to go for that TV drop me PM with your contact number and I can get you sorted. I can do a VLL5 for you for £35 and I can include shipping in the total price.

Kind regards

David

Hi caution,

The RSTV75 voucher has finished on the OLED55B8PLA as well, I've just had a check on the website.

I actually own a B8PLA and it's amazing. There is a bit better brightness on the C8 and a bit less noise in darker scenes on the C8 butI'm still extremely impressed with the B8PLA.

If you'd still like to go for that TV drop me PM with your contact number and I can get you sorted. I can do a VLL5 for you for £35 and I can include shipping in the total price.

Kind regards

David
    Sent you a Pm there.

Hi caution,

Kind regards

David
    Sent you a Pm there.
    No problem, I'll get back to you asap.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.