Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring money to Ireland

• 04-08-2019 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

I am wondering if anyone has experience of transferring money from Asia to Ireland? It's my immediate family money and I will be inheriting it.
    Also, is there tax to be paid on this money?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,019 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes you will be liable for Irish capital acquisitions tax if you are tax resident here.

Re how to transfer it, people probably need to know the specific country to give meaningful advice: Asia is a big place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I notice CAT threshold is above 320,000 euros for Group A, which I fall under.

It's from India.

Appreciate any input.
    Yes you will be liable for Irish capital acquisitions tax if you are tax resident here.

Re how to transfer it, people probably need to know the specific country to give meaningful advice: Asia is a big place.

Advertisement