Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should a foetus have the right to life?

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

If abortion is ok then suicide is ok too, I am pro suicide especially when it is in response to life long illnesses, our body our choice, isn't that right ladies? You can't even argue that suicide is different because it hurts others, abortion could hurt the father and in many cases suicide can hurt noone else if you have no friends or close family.

If abortion is ok then suicide is ok too, I am pro suicide especially when it is in response to life long illnesses, our body our choice, isn't that right ladies? You can't even argue that suicide is different because it hurts others, abortion could hurt the father and in many cases suicide can hurt noone else if you have no friends or close family.

We had this discussion during the threads before the referendum and a good few of the pro life posters actually started that they would be happy to end their own life if terminally ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,082 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Careful you don't cut yourself on the sharp edge there :rolleyes:

Public opinion is already in favour of euthanasia and we don't need a referendum to introduce it, either.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You are absolutely correct. I have no issue with euthanasia for those who want it. the trick of course is to put the correct safeguards in place so that we are certain that they do want it and are not being coerced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

You are absolutely correct. I have no issue with euthanasia for those who want it. the trick of course is to put the correct safeguards in place so that we are certain that they do want it and are not being coerced.

Absolutely agree, but I feel we're decades away from having that discussion frankly. Weed will be legal and sex work de-criminalized long before we have that little chat...

• Advertisement
Advertisement