Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

El Paso shooter conspiracies

• 04-08-2019 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭

They are flooding in thick and fast (as per usual), that he looks similar to the Garlic festival shooter, that it's a deflection from some Epstein news, that his father, something, something, link to Brazilian child trafficker

Every news mistake is apparently a "clue" as to nefarious happenings by the powers-that-be (but not Trump, apparently something darker is pulling the real strings)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,247 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    They are flooding in thick and fast (as per usual), that he looks similar to the Garlic festival shooter, that it's a deflection from some Epstein news, that his father, something, something, link to Brazilian child trafficker

Every news mistake is apparently a "clue" as to nefarious happenings by the powers-that-be (but not Trump, apparently something darker is pulling the real strings)
    Probably working extra hard to invent a conspiracy since it seems he was a subscriber to the "great replacement" conspiracy theory too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Dohnjoe wrote: »

Some people want to make everything a conspiracy. Clearly this young man had issues with immigration and felt his state of Texas was turning non white and crazily thought shooting people in a supermarket would help his cause. This young man was clearly deluded and his thoughts were wrong. I read his manifesto and sounded like he wanted to separate America states based on color and race. Trump since becoming president has embolded people like to this to start a race war. While i don't believe the Russia collusion mess, was a huge and damning as the democratics tried to position it as, Trump here clearly is involved in race baiting and white men who had these kind of thoughts before he became president, think its now cool they got a president who feels the same way about hispanics ie mexicans and people of color who come to America from **** holes, Trump words.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,572 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The strange thing is, I had said to my wife that I wonder how they will deflect the fact the US left the Nuclear treaty with Russia. It was big news but barely even appears anywhere now. Its very easy to make anything in a conspiracy, but at the same time, its very easy to believe them...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

antodeco wrote: »
    The strange thing is, I had said to my wife that I wonder how they will deflect the fact the US left the Nuclear treaty with Russia. It was big news but barely even appears anywhere now. Its very easy to make anything in a conspiracy, but at the same time, its very easy to believe them...!

The first technique is always to plant doubt

e.g. "Don't you find it strange that all this info about Epstein potentially naming high level politicians was about to come out.. but then these attacks happen at exactly the same time"

This "isn't it fishy" approach is designed to come at a different angle to appeal to and hook someone's suspicion. Since coincidence is something that often can't be explained, the point (no matter how absurd) can stand

The second level is to start trying to discredit information using the same method, e.g. "the news said X but here's a photo showing Y". It's the "can't explain that" approach. Anything that can't immediately be explained is taken as evidence that something foul is afoot

The final level is just to drag everything down into ridiculous details, keep digging and digging and flinging mud until even experts can't explain something, anything that can't be explained becomes irrefutable evidence it's "an inside job"

And that's it. No evidence for the actual conspiracy theory itself required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,641 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

antodeco wrote: »

Among my more liberal and geopolitically sensitive crowd they see the pull as a big shrug, given Russia and Chinas not following it for some time anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement