Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good Wifi router for IoT

Options
  • 04-08-2019 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭

So I've hit the 16 device limit on the 2.4Ghz network on my Eir modem/router. Any suggestions on a standalone device that can cope with 20+ devices? (I also have devices using the 5Ghz network too)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Ubiquiti unifi as a wireless ap added in to your exit8ng router, and turning off your own routers wifi. That's what I did, and a huge improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Ubiquiti unifi as a wireless ap added in to your exit8ng router, and turning off your own routers wifi. That's what I did, and a huge improvement.

Like this one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B016K5A06C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_f0XrDbD6BN944

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

I added that to mine, wifi is a lot better. Switched off 2.4g on eir and left 5g as extra network. Only problem I'm having is random reboots of eir modem. Will contact when I can to see what's wrong with modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'm using Google WiFi -- 28 devices all over the house connected concurrently with no issues, and can extend it with extra units as necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I'm using Google WiFi -- 28 devices all over the house connected concurrently with no issues, and can extend it with extra units as necessary.

On a single unit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

On a single unit?

Yep, covers my whole house, with my eir modem in bridge mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I've had 80 devices on a Google Wifi with no issue. You can push them a bit more but they can get a bit touchy

Advertisement