Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rattan Glass Table Top

Options
  • 04-08-2019 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi

I recently bought a Santona rattan garden set (https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/page/content?fid=all-rattan) and think it’s great. That is until my parasol took off and lifted out of the base smashing my glass top.
    I
    I’m looking for a replacement one and wonder where I might get one if anyone has had to do the same before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

crookesa wrote: »
    Hi

I recently bought a Santona rattan garden set (https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/page/content?fid=all-rattan) and think it’s great. That is until my parasol took off and lifted out of the base smashing my glass top.
    I
    I’m looking for a replacement one and wonder where I might get one if anyone has had to do the same before?

Just go to your Local glass place. Just give them dimensions of what you want. Cork Glass for example

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

And specify toughened or tempered glass for health and safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

This happens a lot, we've made a few for people out of polycarbonate, only downside to polycarbonate is it scratches easier, but wont break

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Had to get one done a few years back. Hard to find someone to do it if you need a hole in it for the parasol.
    Got a plastic one made, have to say it is very good quality and has lasted maybe 5 years now. Just used a bit of tec 7 to stick it to table.

Got it some place out in ashbourne

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭crookesa

Thanks for all the replies, getting quotes of approx €250 for a coloured glass with tapered edges and a hole for a parasol. Measures about 1500 x 800. Rang that place in Ashbourne and they said you'd need support under the polycarbonate otherwise it would sag over time, not as strong as glass by all accounts. If I did get it, it would be about the same price.

Sure the whole set was bought in Home Sore & More half price and the glass alone now is going to cost the price of the set. Pity it's still not on sale!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

crookesa wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies, getting quotes of approx €250 for a coloured glass with tapered edges and a hole for a parasol. Measures about 1500 x 800. Rang that place in Ashbourne and they said you'd need support under the polycarbonate otherwise it would sag over time, not as strong as glass by all accounts. If I did get it, it would be about the same price.

Sure the whole set was bought in Home Sore & More half price and the glass alone now is going to cost the price of the set. Pity it's still not on sale!!!
    Can you post a pic of the table? We made one that was a similar size to that not too long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭crookesa

garv123 wrote: »
    Can you post a pic of the table? We made one that was a similar size to that not too long ago.

08c56bac473637ab296366e48eeb6b08.jpg

Advertisement