If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for side and rear speakers.

Options
  • 05-08-2019 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭

Hi, new house, new setup.

Reusing my amp and front and centre speakers, but I need a left and right side and left and right rear speakers. All wall mounted.

What would you recommend?

The amp is Sony STR-DN1040.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Hi, new house, new setup.

Reusing my amp and front and centre speakers, but I need a left and right side and left and right rear speakers. All wall mounted.

What would you recommend?

The amp is Sony STR-DN1040.
    Hi Mr Freeze.

Thanks for the post and good to hear your dusting off the old equipment and getting back into Home Cinema.

You could have a look at the monitor Audio Bronze FX. They can be used for both your rears and the sides.
    Currently priced at £279 per pair.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12906-monitor-audio-bronze-fx-black-black-surround-speakers-per-pair.aspx

I could offer them on a deal at £225 per pair.

If these would not suit then the link below shows our bookshelf speakers. Have a check down it and see if any catch your eye and I'll check if there is a deal to be had on them.

The bracket that will need to be used for wall mounting most of the bookshelf speakers would be the BT77 coming in at £29.95 per pair.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-10926-btech-bt77-black-black-speaker-brackets-per-pair.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

If these would not suit then the link below shows our bookshelf speakers. Have a check down it and see if any catch your eye and I'll check if there is a deal to be had on them.

Thanks, Have you the link for the bookshelf speakers you mentioned so I can have a browse?

Thanks, Have you the link for the bookshelf speakers you mentioned so I can have a browse?
    Sorry about that Mr Freeze.

Seems I forgot to post the link for you :o

Here you go.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/c-51-standmountspeakers.aspx?swapstore=1#pgnum=&sort=

That offer of 225 per pair is very tempting.

I just had standard enough speakers before, so forgive my possibly stupid questions:
    Do these support connecting with bare wire or do I have to put a connection on the wire first? (never done that before)
    And for the side speakers, do they get set do bipole and the rear to dipole?

That offer of 225 per pair is very tempting.

I just had standard enough speakers before, so forgive my possibly stupid questions:
    Do these support connecting with bare wire or do I have to put a connection on the wire first? (never done that before)
    And for the side speakers, do they get set do bipole and the rear to dipole?
    Hi Mr Freeze.

You can connect the Bronze FX by just using the bare copper ends as you would with any other speaker.
    When mounted flat to the wall you would not be able to fit banana plugs on the end of the cables that connect into the bronze FX.

Regarding Bi pole and di pole. its really down to the individual. Once there were in place you can experiment which sounds better for you room and switch between then to see which gives the better sound/effects.

The Bronze FX are designed to be used as rears or sides. I use them myself at home for my rears and have done for many years :)

• Advertisement

OK, I better consult with the boss and get back to you.

Can I just ring the store and ask for you?

OK, I better consult with the boss and get back to you.

Can I just ring the store and ask for you?
    No worries Mr Freeze.

Yip you can just call the store and ask for myself Kenny.

Sorry Kenny, I have another question for ya, what is the ideal height for these speakers to be mounted at?

I've only ever used standing speakers before, so not sure what height these would have to be on the walls.

Hey Mr Freeze.

Ideally if its possible to mount them so that  the tweeter is a foot or 2 above head height while seated. (If that makes sense).

At home I have mine slightly lower than this to suit the layout of other furniture within the room. (Mine are just over head height while seated).

Hey Mr Freeze.

Ideally if its possible to mount them so that  the tweeter is a foot or 2 above head height while seated. (If that makes sense).

At home I have mine slightly lower than this to suit the layout of other furniture within the room. (Mine are just over head height while seated).
    Hi Kenny,

I purchased those speakers a while back and they are great thank you.

Now I am thinking about upgrading the centre and fronts.

what would you recommend?

I'd probably upgrade the centre first and then left and right together at some stage.

Regards,

• Advertisement

Hey Mr Freeze.

Hi Kenny,

I purchased those speakers a while back and they are great thank you.

Now I am thinking about upgrading the centre and fronts.

what would you recommend?

I'd probably upgrade the centre first and then left and right together at some stage.

Regards,
    Hey Mr Freeze.

Thanks for coming back to us.

We currently have a special on the Bronze range as it getting ready to be upgraded by Monitor Audio.

The Bronze centre is currently reduced to £119
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12909-monitor-audio-bronze-centre-single-centre-speaker.aspx

It might be a good time to grab some new front also ;)
    Bronze 2 priced at £179
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12901-monitor-audio-bronze-2-black-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Bronze 5's now down to £399
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12904-monitor-audio-bronze-5-black-oak-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.