Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

changing broadband supplier

• 05-08-2019 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I'm currently with sky for home phone and broadband but thinking of changing as the cost is too high. I am paying sky around €65 a month and hardly use the phone at all but still need it. Vodafone have an offer at the moment for €25 a month for 6 months and then €40 a month after that, should I move to Vodafone? I have read a lot on here about people having all sorts of problems with Vodafone and if I move do they tell sky or do I have to inform them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

With Vodafone, when you port the number it cancels sky. Bar the modem you shouldn’t notice any difference from Sky.

Also, you should be able to get that price down just belt calling Sky and recontracting. Not as cheap as the Vodafone offer but easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Be very careful --Vodafone customer service is woeful.
    I moved to them last Oct and, since them I have been trying to get a problem with my phone resolved but, no luck .

I have an unwanted partial call waiting on the the line that I neither want or need but, they do not seem to be either able or willing to resolve the problem.
    I have made several calls, and boards entries, (they have now left boards) and, letters--unanswered.

I am now just waiting for contract end to move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Did you try comreg? I found them good for sorting out non replies.

I've had billing issues with Vodafone when it involved house moves etc but never had issues with service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Comreg require a complaint number from Vodafone.
    When I requested one about 6 months ago , they made "mock shapes" to resolve the problem in order to put me off reporting but, the problem still exists.
    So I have decided to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philster

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    Comreg require a complaint number from Vodafone.
    When I requested one about 6 months ago , they made "mock shapes" to resolve the problem in order to put me off reporting but, the problem still exists.
    So I have decided to leave.
    Hi, sorry only seeing this now but I actually reported Vodafone to Comreg due to numerous issues. Comreg took on the case despite me not having a complaint number as I was able to show that I had requested one numerous times in private messages here and on Twitter. Voice recordings would also back this up. Contact Comreg again and tell them you have requested one numerous times and have not been provided with one. I started with a live chat with Comreg and found them very good. Vodafone failed to acknowledge my written complaint so it's now with Comreg.

To the OP I hope it's not too late but have absolutely nothing to do with Vodafone broadband or landline.

• Advertisement
Advertisement