Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CEIST interview

Options
  • 05-08-2019 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Always flummoxed by how to answer this one in CEIST school interviews - as I'm not a religious person, and would find it difficult to bring religious aspects into my teaching? Anyone any ideas what schools are expecting from this question -How can you promote the ethos in our school in your teaching?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

There's more to the ethos of the school than the religious aspect.

https://www.ceist.ie/about-us/values/

Look here and take a few examples from each and apply them to your classroom. Focus on quality teaching, inclusion, making responsible citizens etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭bobbyss

CraftySue wrote:
    Always flummoxed by how to answer this one in CEIST school interviews - as I'm not a religious person, and would find it difficult to bring religious aspects into my teaching? Anyone any ideas what schools are expecting from this question -How can you promote the ethos in our school in your teaching?

What do you teach?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I found non-religious ways to bring Ceist values into my teaching (can't remember what they were now though!). Read through them, I think there were some on becoming global citizens (or is that just my school?).

You could just say "With the help of God" at the end of your sentences when talking about what you will do. They love that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i have a CEIST school interview have you any tips, im just looking through the school website and looking at their ethos spiel, so i will try and bring some of there own ideas back into an interview answer i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Dickie10 wrote: »
    i have a CEIST school interview have you any tips, im just looking through the school website and looking at their ethos spiel, so i will try and bring some of there own ideas back into an interview answer i think.

I have given you a few things to consider in your other thread. When going to a CEIST interview - know the charter and outline where it applies to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement