Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New House running costs

• 05-08-2019 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi

Recently moved into a new build house. Its just shy of 3000 sq feet and is heated using underfloor heating, an air to water heat system, ecodan.

I am just wondering what a monthly electricity bill should average at with this system. I find the bills are a more expensive than I expected given all thats spouted about how efficient they are. Or is it just the cost of heating a house of that size?? We are also running a water pump for the well and a bio tank. Inside we have nothing out of the ordinary, fridge, freezer, oven, etc.

Thanks in advance !!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Figures should be low for a new house. Heating not on this time of year, I presume. Do a 24 hour check, maybe an overnight one too, on the meter, to get a base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If its worth anything, most people find that new houses cost more than they expect, maybe like yourself you've heard that they cost so little. UNfortunately heat pumps do use a good bit of electricity.

Advertisement