Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV in front of house

Options
  • 05-08-2019 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

I am planning to have a CCTV camera in front of my house since I had several issues in the past and I want to use this to prevent future issues.

Is it correct that I have to put up a sign to inform people about it?

The front of my house is next to a street and a pedestrian walk. Is it generally permitted to put up a camera if people on a pedestrian walk would be recorded?

Are there any other considerations? What would you do?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

ampleforth wrote: »
    I am planning to have a CCTV camera in front of my house since I had several issues in the past and I want to use this to prevent future issues.

Is it correct that I have to put up a sign to inform people about it?

The front of my house is next to a street and a pedestrian walk. Is it generally permitted to put up a camera if people on a pedestrian walk would be recorded?

Are there any other considerations? What would you do?

Any entrance to a property must have a sign up indicating the use of cctv. The fact the camera is pointing out on the road/path is irrelevant as you can put on a privacy mask. If you were challenged by someone it is up to you to justify why the camera is pointing where it is. Once you can justify it there not much anyone can do. Just to note a person can ask to see your cctv if they feel it is impacting on their property etc. The privacy mask is important though so make sure and use it.

Advertisement