Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VtM Part Four - Family

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

There is an unusual strength of will. Incredible for a human, just enough to make Lysander have to bother slightly, but he extracts the codes easily. A 14 character password and then the procedure for slowly releasing the locks.

"Don't...do...it..." the man says weakly his heart failing for reasons Lysander cannot tell exactly, though his blood smells of poison.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander flings the man into the corner and stares at the 6th terminal.

'Since when have I ever shied away from danger. I need to do this.'

He unlocks it and steps to the side as he slowly releases the last lock.

As the tank opens up Lysander feels the Abyss all around him. A massive swelling of its awareness emerges from the tank.

With the tank fully open Lysander sees a gateway straight into the heart of the Abyss. A terrible nothingness. Inside this eternal black something turns and "looks" at Lysander. Sensing him as another thing of the Abyss. The vast bulk heaves itself toward the portal. The beast draws on Lysander's body as the nearest well of Abyssal energy.

Lysander sees himself coming to pieces as one of his legs collapses. The beast edges itself toward the portal, using Lysander's strength to bring itself into the world....

Lysander tries to stand again and looks at the beast, attempting to sense its intentions. He tries to reach for the locks again just in case.

Lysander senses a massive hunger, to break things down and reduce them to nothing. As he reaches for the locks his hands disintegrate (OOC: Bad roll! :()

• Advertisement

Lysander looks as his hands dissolve and attempts to make for the portal, focusing his remaining power on becoming one with the shadows to move quicker

OOC: Tenebrous Form

The shadows struggle between Lysander and the being. Most give over to the beast, but just enough come together to give Lysander a makeshift leg that he barely hobble on. His body is ripped to shreds as he moves toward the portal. When he reaches it he manages to get only his shadow formed heart out the portal which bounces unceremoniously across the sandy plane on the other side before hitting a tree. The portal closes.

Extremely weakened he is just a heart lying on the sand as a terrible rumbling is felt beneath his feet.

*Beat Beat*

*Beat Beat*

Lysander tries to call to his clan members to assist him...

OOC: I mean, if he can, if not he just goes *Beat Beat* again :D

Necro wrote: »
    *Beat Beat*

*Beat Beat*

Lysander tries to call to his clan members to assist him...

OOC: I mean, if he can, if not he just goes *Beat Beat* again :D
    He reaches out slowly. He has the strength to make one connection with either (Due to clan or closeness):

Michalis
    Talley
    Nostro
    Cock Robin
    Celia
    Maximillian Strauss

He calls out to his brother - Michalis.

The bond between them in the abyss had solidified enough to trust him... at least he hoped so.

• Advertisement

Michalis emerges from a shadow on the beach.

"My brother!" he says taking Lysander in his hand.

"You are in danger..." he feels the rumble beneath his feet.

"The Abyss comes, like I was told...like I foresaw...like I wanted. Only now I do not. Thanks to you"

He sighs and looks into the night sky, wrapping Lysander in a blanket.

"Come my Synagogue lies outside the city. I will take you there to recuperate. Then we must face this beast. My brother I feel this is what you and I have been meant for all along. I once served these things..."

He goes down on his knees.

"...I sought to bring one into the world to aid is. To secure your reign. Now you have done it yourself. I lusted for purification. You for power. Perhaps I can heal you as you healed me. Let us hope your allies have the strength for what comes now. The final test. A last dance of shadows"

Lysander and Michalis are swallowed by the Abyss, as they emerge Lysander slips into a healing sleep in a room he cannot see. But somehow through the blood bond he hears it through Michalis.

OOC: Off for the night

Lysander wakes in a darkly lit synagogue in one of the back pews.

0SwJk7.jpg

Lysander looks around and checks himself out, last time he remembered he was just a heart pulsing on the grass.

Lysander seems whole and further more is in a decent suit.

The Rabbi enters. Michalis of course.

He speaks to the people there. From their expressions he seems to offer some sort of comfort. He nods in the direction of Lysander when he sees he is awake, but stays speaking to the humans.

Lysander attempts to sense any other kindred nearby.

He sits up and focuses whilst his brother speaks with the humans.

There are some Kindred in the basement. Five he senses.

Lysander can hear Michalis assuring people that they and their families will be safe here in the synagogue. That the defences he placed over the building will hold for at least another week.

"...and besides, out saviour is awake" he says looking at Lysander.

Lysander looks over at Michalis, a bit perplexed.

'Good evening brother... how... how long has it been?'

Michalis leaves the humans and heads to the pews taking Lysander's hand.

"It has been only a week brother...your recuperative powers are truly remarkable"

'And the city.... did the beast break free?'

"That would be putting it mildly brother"

He looks up.

"I can take you to the roof if you wish to see"

• Advertisement

Lysander tries to stand.

'I need to see... what I have done.'

Michalis nods at Lysander's request.

He leads Lysander toward a locked door and tells the mortals to head down into cellar.

When they have done so, he slits his wrist into the lock and it releases. He leads Lysander up a staircase. An old fusebox is the only thing present along the staircase as they ascend.

They reach a grey door.

"Welcome brother, to the end..."

Michalis opens it up offering Lysander a view of the city and the hulking behemoth that now prowls its ruins.

PsvD7R.jpg

Lysander stands there in shock.

'The city... what of the others? The Primogens? Our Lasombra brethren.... what of Clarissa?'

Necro wrote: »
    Lysander stands there in shock.

'The city... what of the others? The Primogens? Our Lasombra brethren.... what of Clarissa?'
    "Unfortunately I cannot be sure. The beasts arrival was cataclysmic. I managed to get these mortals to safety and some Kindred I met on my escape. A few neonates and one elder.

It is possible they still survive within the city"

Lysander shakes his head sadly.

'It was not power or lust for it that did this... but that common mortal trait known as curiosity. Unfortunately whilst I have shed most of my human traits - this one remains.

Both a blessing... and a curse.'

"I understand brother...I too was drawn...curious about the power that lay in the shadows..."

He looks out at the city as the beast rips the ruined base of a business tower out of the ground. Within Lysnder sees several people, possibly hundreds. With a gaze the beast slowly shreds their bodies, turning them into shadows which then dissipate into the air.

"We can flee brother, to Europe. I can take us now"

'You know we cannot, brother. How long till this beast consumes the United States... and then looks to other continents?

By then it will be unstoppable.

No... it may end me - but I must try to stop it now, before it gets too strong.'

He looks at the beast again.

'I just don't know how.'

"Nor do I brother. This beast is a level above us. It is only with my strongest abilities and some well kept secret scrolls that I have hidden this place from its notice.

Even that would not work but for the fact that we are ten miles from the city centre.

Perhaps there is a powerful Elder we can call upon. Do you happen to know anybody of extraordinary power? Preferably a team" he says with a weak smile.

Lysander sighs.

'Well... there are two.

One I doubt would answer the phone. That's God by the way.

The second is somewhere in city... Clarissa. If I were to release her from my control... Hmmmm.... maybe. But it would likely be creating an even more deadly and unstoppable being.'

• Advertisement

Michalis eyes Lysander with concern.

"God or Clarissa. Well our backs are against the wall. If we wish to get Clarissa we will have to venture into the city"

Lysander looks at Michalis.

'Then we will have to. I don't think God will intervene here... free will and that sort of malarkey.

Though I must try.'

Lysander internally speaks to... God.

Okay big guy - I tried to do as you ask, any chance of some help here

God appears next to Michalis.

"Yes Lysander?" he says.

Michalis spins around shocked.

Lysander stands there frozen.

'I... uh.... um... seem to have caused a mini apocalypse.'

Lysander looks at... God... sheepishly. (well as sheepishly as a vampire can look)

"Yes I noticed. It delays many of my projects significantly"

He eyes the horizon.

"What do you suggest we do?"

Lysander stares out at the horizon himself.

'The beast needs to be stopped. However...'

He looks at God directly.

'I may not be strong enough to survive a direct assault. It very near gave me the final death when I released it.'

• Advertisement

"Well the difficulty is both you and this beast are outside my jurisdiction...well you're completely outside it. The creature there has some...relation to me let's say. Though a distant one.

There are many things I could do to help. My most useful abilities here will be related to time and matter"

Fourier wrote: »
    "Well the difficulty is both you and this beast are outside my jurisdiction...well you're completely outside it. The creature there has some...relation to me let's say. Though a distant one.

There are many things I could do to help. My most useful abilities here will be related to time and matter"

'What would you suggest?'

Lysander looks around to see Michalis's reactions.

Michalis looks stunned. Though Lysander has some sense of his mind, he feels he is more curious as to what God really is.

"I give you the ability to rewind time by a minute. Six uses. It will even work if you are dead.

This is a very expensive ability. Using comes at great cost to reality. There's a reason I wouldn't just snap this thing away, even if it was something I had power over"

Lysander nods.

'I understand. I will use it wisely. Presumably for this battle only?'

Lysander looks at God hopefully.

"No, I cannot reclaim it. Six uses. If you keep any they will be yours after all of this is over"

• Advertisement

'Very well - this will be of great assistance. Thank you. I don't suppose you want to join the battle as well, no?'

Lysander smirks wryly.

"I would if I could, but I'm actually not able to" he says looking sadly out at the city.

'I figured as much. Any words of inspiration, wisdom... or even some sort of mythical beast killing weapon to give me before we part ways again?

I suspect this may be the last time - but you're probably aware things are in hand for your... project.'

"Figure out who you are"

He vanishes.

Lysander looks to Michalis.

'So... that was God. He's... interesting, right?'

"Ehm yes...I wasn't aware you were on speaking terms.

How could he not have power over that creature or...you?"

'Oh that - he's the mortal God. Given we are no longer mere mortals - it's out of his... ummm...

Jurisdiction? I suppose that's the right terminology.

Right - now let us try to locate Clarissa. I will see if I can sense her.'

Lysander's mind wanders over the city...

He finds Clarissa after a few minutes. Deep underground in the old Financial district.

Lysander snaps back and looks at Michalis.

'Can you get us to the old Financial District?'

"I can brother"

He gathers the shadow about him into a thin disk.

"This will take us there. Once we arrive on the other side the beast will know we are present if it cares to look"

• Advertisement
Advertisement