Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VtM Part Four - Family

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    He makes it out no problem. Stepping out into the the main path through the zoo.

Lysander heads back to the car park, dialing the number for Cock Robin on the way.

'Rob? Where are you? We should speak. Somewhere... secure. Do you know a place?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"Lysander, yes I have somewhere. Down here with the other Nosferatu in the sewers under Hollywood, your Nosferatu Primogen Gary Golden has been kind enough to let me stay"

"Lysander, yes I have somewhere. Down here with the other Nosferatu in the sewers under Hollywood, your Nosferatu Primogen Gary Golden has been kind enough to let me stay"

'I'm on my way. Will be there shortly.'

Lysander heads for the Nosferatu sewers.

Lysander knowing his way from before reaches the Nosferatu burrows quick enough. Little rooms burrowed into the sewer walls filled with computers and tech. Gary Golden greets Lysander as he arrives, appearing out of nowhere.

"My Prince, to what do I owe the honour?"

BMU1tu.jpg

Lysander knowing his way from before reaches the Nosferatu burrows quick enough. Little rooms burrowed into the sewer walls filled with computers and tech. Gary Golden greets Lysander as he arrives, appearing out of nowhere.

"My Prince, to what do I owe the honour?"

Lysander smiles at Gary.

'Actually, I was wondering if there was anything I could help or assist your clan with Mr. Golden. I've spoken to most of the Primogens privately but not you.

And truth be told I'm also here to visit a mutual friend who is a guest of yours.'

"Ah Cock Robin, he is in the second room to the right behind me. No my Prince currently we are safe and sound here. Provided the city council don't plan to renovate at any point we're fine and our surveillance gear is up to date"

"Ah Cock Robin, he is in the second room to the right behind me. No my Prince currently we are safe and sound here. Provided the city council don't plan to renovate at any point we're fine and our surveillance gear is up to date"

'Should that matter become an issue, just contact me. I have... ways of ensuring they don't disturb you. Thanks for the heads up though. We shall talk soon I would expect.'

Lysander nods at Gary and makes his way to the second room on the right.

Cock Robin is seated in a room that contains nothing but the shítty Ikea plastic chair he is on and a mangy old mattress. He's reading some Dossiers.

"Hi Lysander. None other than Kevin Jackson is sending some of his cities folk here on a diplomatic mission, it's to inspect you as Prince on his behalf. I was informed because well I'm above you Princes in the Camarilla pecking order..." he laughs a little "...so what did you want to talk about?"

Cock Robin is seated in a room that contains nothing but the shítty Ikea plastic chair he is on and a mangy old mattress. He's reading some Dossiers.

"Hi Lysander. None other than Kevin Jackson is sending some of his cities folk here on a diplomatic mission, it's to inspect you as Prince on his behalf. I was informed because well I'm above you Princes in the Camarilla pecking order..." he laughs a little "...so what did you want to talk about?"

Lysander looks at Cock Robin warily.

'I dont suppose you read that letter then... there are wheels in motion already.'

"I did. It was blank. I assume only one of you Shadows can read it"

• Advertisement

"I did. It was blank. I assume only one of you Shadows can read it"

Lysander sighs.

'I was afraid of that. The elders of the Lasombra... I'd best not utter their name, I'm almost certain I'm being watched...

They have decided to join the Camarilla. The entire clan is transitioning from the Sabbat'

Cock Robin jumps out of his chair.

"What! The entire clan....from the Sabbat! We had no notion of this...I...I should contact the Council"

Cock Robin jumps out of his chair.

"What! The entire clan....from the Sabbat! We had no notion of this...I...I should contact the Council"

'Yes. The council have deemed the Sabbat's beliefs counter-productive. They didn't really believe in them anyways, but it kept the younger ones and their lust for power sated.

But my recent... well let's call it an ascension... has changed their mind.

In fact, I am to train 4 members in the ways of the Camarilla. This is how serious they are about it. 3 of them would probably kill Nostro without blinking, or so I am led to believe.

Pretty serious stuff then, yes? I'm glad I told you.'

"Damn right it's serious. Ill have to speak to the world council...you want to stay and meet them?" He looks Lysander in the eye. "No problem with me, but they might turn their attention to you. They can be a hard crowd to speak to"

"Damn right it's serious. Ill have to speak to the world council...you want to stay and meet them?" He looks Lysander in the eye. "No problem with me, but they might turn their attention to you. They can be a hard crowd to speak to"

Lysander looks back at Cock Robin.

'If this is to happen then someone will have to be the Lasombra representative anyways. I'm not saying that it will be me permanently, but....'

He shrugs nonchalantly.

'A Lasombra antitribu who happens to be mayor is probably as good as a spokeperson as we can get for now, at least.'

Cock Robin nods and then bites his own hand off in one sudden snap.

"Rough, but I need to do it for the ritual"

He traces sickly black blood over the ground and forms a circle around himself and Lysander.

The air wobbles and Lysander finds himself in a lush garden with a sign that reads:
    Jardin des vampires

"Paris kid...well slightly outside. The Versailles palace. Yeah a bit cliche, but this is where the world council manifests. Some of them really are here, others will meet us via projections"

Ooulqi.jpg

Lysander gestures to Rob.

'Lead on then. I am but your honoured guest.'

Lysander and Cock Robin head toward the palace itself where a door is opened for them into a luxurious hall with a massive grandfather clock. At the stairs an impeccably dressed and handsome mortal of about 6' 7'' stands at the bottom of the stairs in a waiter's outfit.

"Justicar Robin and Prince Karpov. The Inner Circle wishes you well and is pleased to see you here. Mistress Fanchon will be dealing with you. While you wait anything you would like? Peasants from your native region perhaps Prince Karpov? There is a bottle around here I'm sure"

Lysander and Cock Robin head toward the palace itself where a door is opened for them into a luxurious hall with a massive grandfather clock. At the stairs an impeccably dressed and handsome mortal of about 6' 7'' stands at the bottom of the stairs in a waiter's outfit.

"Justicar Robin and Prince Karpov. The Inner Circle wishes you well and is pleased to see you here. Mistress Fanchon will be dealing with you. While you wait anything you would like? Peasants from your native region perhaps Prince Karpov? There is a bottle around here I'm sure"

Lysander smiles.

'Peasants will be fine, thank you....?

I didn't catch your name.'

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    Lysander smiles.

'Peasants will be fine, thank you....?

I didn't catch your name.'
    "Luiz my lord" he bows and heads out through a set of double doors that he closes behind him.

"Fanchon..." Cock Robin muses "...she's pretty reasonable. She's the Tremere clan member, probably the best blood sorcery user on the planet....damn Tremere, they can get so powerful while still looking normal. Not like me or you" he says nodding to Lysander's feet where his shadow isn't human but a strange tendrilled thing.

"There's a a ritual on this place to show our true selves. Fanchon will probably cast a stronger version of it to make sure we are who we say we are"

Lysander nods.

'For once, honesty is the best way forward. Hiding information will serve none of us in the long run, should this truly come to pass.'

"Brave guy" Cock Robin says with a smile.

Luiz returns with two glasses on a silver serving tray. Lysander's is a deep red. Cock Robin's a dark black, diseased looking.

Luiz hands Lysander the glass. "This should help wash out the American accent a bit Sir"

He turns to Cock Robin "Monsieur Robin, the usual"

"Thanks Luiz" Cock Robin gestures. A set of white double doors at the top of the stairs then open and a woman who looks to be in her late 40s steps out.

"Karpov, Robin I will see you in here" she says.

Fiqgzh.jpg

Lysander looks up and drains his glass, savouring the taste of home.

He then gestures to Cock Robin.

'After you, you definitely outrank me here Archon Robin.'

Cock Robin and Lysander head up the stairs and into the cosy room beyond.

Ohps3W.jpg

Lysander notices the ancient book next to the candle has been heavily studied, with margin notes and an entire page copied out lying to the right. The books beside it are in Arabic.

"The red chairs gentleman, if you would" she says dragging over the wooden chair to sit next to the fireplace.

Lysander can feel his beast pulling at him, eager to escape the confined space and the fire.

Lysander resists his urges (OOC: Hopefully) and takes a seat.

• Advertisement

The beast struggles a bit but Lysander makes it to the seat.

"Right..." Fanchon begins "...I know Cock Robin, let's see who you are"

Lysander gets a sick feeling his stomach. Then a burning sensation on his skin. His hair and skin fall apart, dissolving back into the shadow substance beneath. He sits there, a human shaped collection of some black shadowy liquid.

"Right, a late stage Lasombra...powerful, you don't even have skin or organs anymore...just the shadow morphing itself to look like them. I didn't expect you to be that far along. Let's look deeper..."

Lysander feels himself tugged as she pulls open the shadow in various places with her mind.

"No heart?" she looks to Cock Robin "The shadow and Vitae have fused. You'll be very difficult to kill as you get stronger. Being immune to staking is a rare gift. Guard it well"

She leans in to Lysander, permitting him to return to human shape but not letting the illusion of skin and hair to return.

She whispers into his ear.

"Now we will look deeper into your sins...do you want Cock Robin to be present?"

Lysander shifts a bit uneasily.

'Proceed with him present.'

He looks at Rob.

'No secrets, right?'

Fanchon stands moving her hands like a weavers. Out of the shadows a trio of shapes emerge. Deborah the old Toreador Priomogen, Jacqueline and Kirsten Belamy.

Cock Robin laughs.

"I already know all this Fanchon. The kid has been honest"

"So he has...I see...good"

She releases Lysander.

"Now Karpov why did you come here?"

Lysander looks to Fanchon.

'I am surprised you did not divulge that information already from your... let's call it soul-searching.'

He smiles wanly.

'I have been approached by the elders of the Lasombra. They are considering joining the Camarilla. Lock, stock and barrel joining. I am to take 4 members in as my wards in my territories and teach them the ways of the Camarilla as a... test subject.'

Fanchon darts her head to Cock Robin.

"Then our scryings were correct. We have anticipated this for some time, but we thought it was at least three decades away/ We must prepare"

She heads over to the book at the desk.

"The knowledge they will bring..."

She closes the book.

"Excellent. Do as they wish and treat these new members well. I don't want this delayed even by a year. If you mess up you are dead"

She pauses for a moment, holding her temple. Lysander hears voices whisper in his blood. She's communing with other Kindred in a rapid conversation that would take months using the spoken word. The voices move too fast to make out.

She then stops.

"Karpov you may leave, unless you wish to ask me something. Simply pass through the double doors downstairs an you'll find your way hime. Robin you will remain. I wish to speak to you alone about another matter"

• Advertisement

Lysander stands and nods to Rob.

'Thanks for your time, Fanchon. I will do as I always do, exceed expectations.'

He leaves and makes for the double doors.

Cock Robin gives a light laugh. "I've got no doubt about it kid"

Lysander heads out through the double doors and finds himself back in the Nosferatu lairs in Cock Robin's room.

Satisfied yet somewhat exhausted after tonight's proceedings, Lysander bids farewell to the Nosferatus and makes for his penthouse, calling Nostro on the way.

'Nostro, are you available? We must discuss the future.'

"Available. A Primogen always has time for his Prince. Your place?"

'Yes indeed. There are plans afoot. Bigger than you or I... but we shall discuss this when we meet.'

Lysander makes it to his Penthouse where Nostro is waiting for him outside the door.

"Nice place Sir...from the outside. What's all this about?"

'Nostro come on in, let us drink and be merry. There will be some additions to our clan shortly. I will explain the details as we drink.'

Nostro comes in.

"What do you want Sire, athlete, lawyer..." he lists off a few high end professions while looking through the drinks cabinet.

"Eager to hear what all this is about I have to say"

Nostro comes in.

"What do you want Sire, athlete, lawyer..." he lists off a few high end professions while looking through the drinks cabinet.

"Eager to hear what all this is about I have to say"

'Athlete, I'm feeling the need for some rejuvenation after a taxing night.'

He waits until Nostro is seated and then sips.

'We are a trial case Nostro, the Lasombra have seen the light... or so to say. They want to explore joining the Camarilla.

4 of their number will join us shortly. I am to train them. You will still be Primogen, of course. But any issues with them should be brought to me directly.'

"Wow...more of us..."

He pauses for a while

"These guys will be stronger than me...I mean if they're here for you to train them, they must be our clan putting its best face forward, so they've gotta be older than me. Right? How will I deal with them. Will I really order them on my own authority or should it be on your authority? I mean how close to regular Camarilla operations should I play it

Can't imagine our kind will take well to orders from those beneath them. I used to hate it as a mortal and now it makes my skin crawl"

• Advertisement

Lysander shrugs.

'This is one of the many tests you will face as Primogen, my dearest Nostro. You are like me though - I know you will succeed. Use your own judgement as to when and what authority you should use. Rest assured I will brief them, however you are right.

But weakness would be seen as worse - so tread carefully as to overuse my authority would not be a good idea either.'

"Okay...makes sense. I'll just have to keep Imelda off them. Speaking of which, she's dying to meet you"

"Okay...makes sense. I'll just have to keep Imelda off them. Speaking of which, she's dying to meet you"

'As am I - her. It is interesting you know - she was meant to be as you are, a part of me - but I genuinely believe it works out better with her at your side. I hope she serves you well, Nostro, it seems she has proven her devotion in that regard already.'

"Without a doubt. I'll get the..."

Lysander and Nostro feel their Vitae run cold. Like hyena cornered by a lion.

"Hi Ly can I have some?" Clarissa says with a cheerful note gesturing at the wine. "You've got some cool books here"

"Without a doubt. I'll get the..."

Lysander and Nostro feel their Vitae run cold. Like hyena cornered by a lion.

"Hi Ly can I have some?" Clarissa says with a cheerful note gesturing at the wine. "You've got some cool books here"

Lysander gestures to the wine.

'Of course Clarissa. Have you heard the news?'

Lysander retells the conversation to Clarissa about the 4 new additions.

"Wow cool! Like three of you wasn't enough"

She sits in on the couch beside Nostro, who budges over slightly in an awkward manner. Lysander can sense his beasts struggling with fear, though Nostro is just managing to control it.

"What are you?" Nostro asks Clarissa, almost without meaning to.

Lysander senses a rising tension. Nostro might break.

"Wow cool! Like three of you wasn't enough"

She sits in on the couch beside Nostro, who budges over slightly in an awkward manner. Lysander can sense his beasts struggling with fear, though Nostro is just managing to control it.

"What are you?" Nostro asks Clarissa, almost without meaning to.

Lysander senses a rising tension. Nostro might break.

OOC: Dominate ON

'Calm yourself, Nostro - Clarissa is our friend. Quite what she is... that's not important.'

Lysander tries to ascertain if he will have to control Nostro's beast directly or will his words calm him.

Lysander's dominate pushes back against the beast, but he can see the shadows wavering beneath Nostro's feet.

"Friend...but..." Nostro murmurs.

"You okay there pal?" Clarissa says patting Nostro on the back.

Lysander's dominate pushes back against the beast, but he can see the shadows wavering beneath Nostro's feet.

"Friend...but..." Nostro murmurs.

"You okay there pal?" Clarissa says patting Nostro on the back.

'Clarissa, come sit by me maybe. Nostro - whilst strong is also still young. His control is not as refined yet, it will come in time though.'

• Advertisement

As Clarissa gets up, the shadows beneath Nostro fuse into a spike and fire up toward her to impale her. They stop just an inch before hitting her. Acknowledging Lysander's intentions before Nostro's.

"What the hell?" Clarissa says. "What's your problem?"

Advertisement