Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Four - Family

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    As Clarissa gets up, the shadows beneath Nostro fuse into a spike and fire up toward her to impale her. They stop just an inch before hitting her. Acknowledging Lysander's intentions before Nostro's.

"What the hell?" Clarissa says. "What's your problem?"

'Relax Clarissa... as I said his control means that he may not necessarily be wanting to do this.'

Lysander pushes the shadows back, using some power this time.

'Nostro, perhaps we should continue this meeting another time. Before the others arrive, for certain.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Clarissa thinks a bit.

"Nah Ly, I'll head back out for a bit...I can see I'm overwhelming the guy. He's alright deep down, I know that from everything that happened. Well nice as in he'd sell you for a bit of power, but note violent. You know the type" she says with a grin and then heads out.

"Sire...I...I apologise" Nostro says as he returns to his senses.

Clarissa thinks a bit.

"Nah Ly, I'll head back out for a bit...I can see I'm overwhelming the guy. He's alright deep down, I know that from everything that happened. Well nice as in he'd sell you for a bit of power, but note violent. You know the type" she says with a grin and then heads out.

"Sire...I...I apologise" Nostro says as he returns to his senses.

'Fear not, Nostro - I know only too well what happens when the beast takes control.

But you must practice your control. We can discuss that another time perhaps though.'

"Got it. I'll work on it"

He sits back for a bit clearly ashamed of himself, but regains his composure quickly.

"Anything else you want me to do with these new guys?"

"Got it. I'll work on it"

He sits back for a bit clearly ashamed of himself, but regains his composure quickly.

"Anything else you want me to do with these new guys?"

'Put them to work, Nostro. They must learn our ways - and order as much as a fledgling would... In fact even moreso. It will be difficult, but I am confident together we can make this a roaring success.'

• Advertisement

"Okay boss. You know have you been around the Financial district here recently..."

Nostro starts a conversation about the local mortal goings on in the city.

OOC: From here we could move to the next night or on to when the new Lasombra arrive

OOC: New Lasombra please, if that's ok :)

Lysander passes the next few days without much contact from the Primogens or the rest of the city. The Primogens for the most part are good at managing their own.

Coming into the ground floor of his Penthouse one night the night guard nods to him.

"Hey ya Mr. Karpov looking good..." his shadow stuff is becoming better at giving his false skin a life like appearance "...letter for you. Also you got four guests in the lounge. Nobody else there like you like it. Had to get kick out Greg (OOC: A mortal living here) and his new girlfriend"

Lysander passes the next few days without much contact from the Primogens or the rest of the city. The Primogens for the most part are good at managing their own.

Coming into the ground floor of his Penthouse one night the night guard nods to him.

"Hey ya Mr. Karpov looking good..." his shadow stuff is becoming better at giving his false skin a life like appearance "...letter for you. Also you got four guests in the lounge. Nobody else there like you like it. Had to get kick out Greg (OOC: A mortal living here) and his new girlfriend"

Lysander takes the letter with a smile.

'Very good, send them up.'

Whilst he awaits his new arrivals, he reads the letter handed to him.

The letter is a note from Theresa Salvador telling him that her "exquisite banquet" is tomorrow night. It's signed with a kiss.

From the lounge emerge the four newcomers. So silent Lysander doesn't hear them, only senses their blood.

The first one to draw Lysander's gaze is dressed as a Rabbi. He stares intently at Lysander. His emotions are immediately obvious to Lysander, right now cool and collected. For some reason Lyander feels strangely fond of him. It feels wrong to use disciplines to probe him further. The shadows are drawn to him, as to Lysander.

R0oP4y.jpg

The next one is young woman, embraced sometime in the last thirty or so years from the traces of the event he gleans from her blood. Memories of being a teenager in the 80s. Lysander can sense she has study at the hands of other clans, her blood feels eclectic.

a5k99U.png

The next one is a recent siring. Only within the last year he would say. Her mind feels like iron for one so young. Only an elder like himself could break her, though she gives off a feigned innocence and nervousness.
    sCYfnx.jpg

Finally from the last one Lysander senses only a lust for power, but worse plenty of power in the blood. This one has learned the physical discplines. He'd be quite the fighter. His command of the shadows rivals Lysander's. He's clearly the Sire of the two women. He regards Lysander with a sneer.
    iPTWaK.png

"Hey Lysander, name's Talley" the last one says, maintaining his sneer.

• Advertisement

Lysander rises and regards the four, meeting their gaze each individually, not pushing any power into it - but waiting to see if they do so themselves.

'Good evening to you all. You are most welcome to Los Angeles, I trust the journey was not too taxing?'

Turning to Talley last, he acknowledges his sneer with a wry smile of his own.

'Talley, do you speak for all four? Or do the others have names - and voices - as well.'

Necro wrote: »
    Lysander rises and regards the four, meeting their gaze each individually, not pushing any power into it - but waiting to see if they do so themselves.

'Good evening to you all. You are most welcome to Los Angeles, I trust the journey was not too taxing?'

Turning to Talley last, he acknowledges his sneer with a wry smile of his own.

'Talley, do you speak for all four? Or do the others have names - and voices - as well.'
    When he looks near Talley he feels him not push back, but he is aware of being "scanned" for lack of a better word.

"Oh they do" Talley says.

The older of the two women comes forth.

"I'm Sierra, Master Karpov it is an honour" she bows.

The younger one comes forward.

"Hi...I'm Celia" only when he meets her eyes does he see the Abyss looking back at him. The shadows have taken a personal interest in this one.

The Rabbi reluctantly steps forward. He suddenly hugs Lysander.

"Brother" he says "I am Michalis Basaras. Your younger brother. Giangaleazzo was sire to us both. Though he does not speak to me any longer"

OOC: You knew there was another, but not who

Lysander briefly returns the embrace, feeling something of a familiarity slowly click into place.

'Michalis... it is good to finally meet you. Likewise Sierra, Celia - and of course Talley. I am glad you have taken on this endeavour.'

He steps back from Michalis, patting his arm briefly.

'But tell me, as we are being thrust together in a difficult situation.

What is it you want from this union?'

He paces to the left and regards Talley and Celia.

'Power?'

Paces to the right and regards Michalis and Sierra.

'Knowledge?'

He resumes his stance in front of all four.

'Or both?'

"Understanding is what I desire most my brother..." Michalis "..our clan, its ultimate purpose in this world"

"Power..." Talley says "...let's be honest"

Sierra smiles a bit in Talley's direction.

"Both, but really a secure place in the world"

Celia just nods at the last part.

Lysander nods.

'This is good, because there is a place for both within the Camarilla... though the methods with which to gain them are a little different. As I'm sure you are aware of this.'

"Yeah pretty aware" Talley says "Also seems a bit more sane than the Sabbat climb to power, so..."

He looks to Sierra as if searching for what she thinks, before turning back.

"...what do you want us to...well...do I suppose"

'Do? Oh... nothing for a while, at least. Live amongst the other Lasombra here and other clans, speak with them. You are guests, with a view to this being your home - remember that much, at least. I will of course be monitoring, and we will meet on regular occasions to see how you are adjusting.

Any minor issues will be dealt with by Nostro, he is the official Lasombra head.

Major issues, disagreements... you report directly to me.'

Lysander lets his power flow lightly over the four, just a taste of his strength.

'Is that clear?'

"Got it" says Talley as he nods affirmatively to the others.

He then puts out his hand, bowing slightly before Lysander. He waits for Lysander to offer his hand.

OOC: Lasombra gesture of fealty.

Lysander extends his hand to Talley.

'Excellent. I am glad we have an accord.'

Talley kisses Lysander's hand.

"I dream of surpassing you my Elder, but I know my place. I will serve. As will the others. Do you mind if we go see this Nostro now. Where is he to be found?"

• Advertisement

Talley kisses Lysander's hand.

"I dream of surpassing you my Elder, but I know my place. I will serve. As will the others. Do you mind if we go see this Nostro now. Where is he to be found?"

'Excellent. It is good to have aspirations, Talley. Perhaps one day we will be equals, you a Prince of another city. This is what I expect, I trust you will not disappoint.

Nostro is in downtown LA in one of his offices. I am interested as to how he will handle your meeting... but conflict this early would not be advisable.'

"Don't worry, we'll stay in line. I'll respect his status" Talley nods to the others to head off.

Michalis places a hand on Lysander's shoulder.

"Brother, perhaps...some night when you are free we could talk. There is much I want to know and much you should know I feel"

"Don't worry, we'll stay in line. I'll respect his status" Talley nods to the others to head off.

Michalis places a hand on Lysander's shoulder.

"Brother, perhaps...some night when you are free we could talk. There is much I want to know and much you should know I feel"

Lysander nods.

'You can count on it Michalis. Shall we say tomorrow night? Best get your introductions to Nostro out of the way tonight.'

"Tomorrow then brother" he says, before heading out the door with Talley.

Lysander watches the four leave.

'Talley might be a problem. Hopefully not soon, however.'

OOC: I think you're free tonight. If there is something you want to do, no problem. Otherwise we can head to tomorrow

OOC: Let's move to tomorrow :)

Lysander rises in his Penthouse suite the following night.

Opposite him are a bouquet of flowers with a picture of Theresa Salvador beneath them.

4LNvQT.jpg

Along with a card.

"Dear Prince,

A taste of the finery to come tonight. Please wear your best. We'll be leading the mortals to believe we are a production company interested in financing their film. Anything that suits that pretense should do. They're a talented group who've won one or two awards. The blood will be exquisite.

Your loving Primogen,
    T."

Lysander searches his closet for his finest clothes, dresses and makes his way down to the lobby.

• Advertisement

The night guard at the desk whistles as Lysander heads down.

"Looking sharp Mr. Karpov. Big event?"

Advertisement