If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query - Sonos discount

Options
  • 05-08-2019 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭

You won't get the 15% discount from Sonos because Richer Sounds are giving you a discount already. It's in the Sonos T&C's as I found out the other day

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

You won't get the 15% discount from Sonos because Richer Sounds are giving you a discount already. It's in the Sonos T&C's as I found out the other day
    Hey Phileas Frog.

Did you actually try and apply for the 15% cash back with Sonos?
    Which product had you purchased from us that you tried to claim back money from Sonos?

I've read over the T&C's and its seems it cannot be used with any other Sonos promo or discount if purchased on the Sonos.com site

I can't see any mentioned of only getting the 15% if paying full price?

It does say the following:
    ii. Participants who purchased Qualifying Product(s) during the Programme Term from Sonos Authorized Retailers will be entitled to claim a Cashback Reward equal to the value of 15% of the purchase price paid for the Qualifying Product(s

This means that the customer gets back 15% of the price they paid if purchasing via ourselves.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Kenny, just spotted this.

Phileas Frog,

I’m moving your query and Kenny’s reply to a separate thread - I’m assuming that your post is by way of raising a query with Richersounds, as pitching in advice or opinions into a thread is unwelcome - a quick read of the Charter will explain.

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

No, it wasn't a product I bought from you. DID had a 10% overnight sale last week or so. I bought a Sub from them. Sonos refused to honour the extra 15% as a result of the DID discount.

No Ritz, it wasn't a query. I was informing another customer that they won't get the discount they think they will.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

No, it wasn't a product I bought from you. DID had a 10% overnight sale last week or so. I bought a Sub from them. Sonos refused to honour the extra 15% as a result of the DID discount.

No Ritz, it wasn't a query. I was informing another customer that they won't get the discount they think they will.
    Hey Phileas.

It seems strange as the T&C's clearly state you can claim back 15% of the purchase price you paid. Not 15% of full retail.
    Perhaps its the way they had it listed on their receipt as a special discount/promo or something?

We have spoken to Sonos this morning and they say if any discount/promo is listed on the receipt they will NOT honour the 15% cash back.

However if it shows no discount code line.
    For example if it just has the product (Sonos Amp) and the price (£549 deal price) then they will offer the 15% off the price paid by the customer. It doesn't matter the price paid by the customer.

I could be wrong but perhaps on your receipt they have the 10% discount listed which is why they won't honour their 15% as they see the 10% as another promotion.

The price I quoted the other customer was not a promo price and there is no mention of any promotion on our receipt.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

@Phileas Frog,

thanks for the input and I'm sure it is made with the best of intentions but if you have an issue with your retailer perhaps take it up directly with them - Kenny has spoken directly with Sonos and they have confirmed that the way that we handle the sale does qualify for the additional Sonos awarded discount - and of course if our Customer has any issue redeeming their discount we would act for them to ensure that they did receive their discount.

As an aside if any ROI retailer is having a sale and they are cheaper than us with broadly the same T's and C's we would  price-beat them no problem..

Thanks again and as ever if we can assist in any way just drop me a line and we will do our best to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

@Phileas Frog,

thanks for the input and I'm sure it is made with the best of intentions but if you have an issue with your retailer perhaps take it up directly with them - Kenny has spoken directly with Sonos and they have confirmed that the way that we handle the sale does qualify for the additional Sonos awarded discount - and of course if our Customer has any issue redeeming their discount we would act for them to ensure that they did receive their discount.

As an aside if any ROI retailer is having a sale and they are cheaper than us with broadly the same T's and C's we would  price-beat them no problem..

Thanks again and as ever if we can assist in any way just drop me a line and we will do our best to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Phileas Frog,

Please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum and note that
    • queries on this forum are for Richersounds to answer and
    • references to other retailers are not appropriate here except when genuinely seeking a price match

as follows:
    Please note that this forum is for interraction with Richersounds. References to other retailers are not appropriate here, other than if you're directly and genuinely asking for a price-match from Richersounds.
    • As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.
    • If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion. Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.
    • If you have an opinion on some matter related to the items that Richersounds sells, or you wish to give people the benefit of your advice on some related issue, Please do not post it in this forum. There are other fora on Boards in the Tech section on Home Entertainment or TV related topics, or in the Consumer fora, which are suitable locations for endowing Boardies with the benefit of any advice or opinion you wish to offer. Bearing in mind the purpose of this forum, posts along the lines described here are not appropriate and will be suitably snipped or deleted without warning. This approach is taken to ensure the workability of this particular forum and to ensure that general advice and discursive posts are made in the appropriate forum. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

If you have a query for Richersounds you are welcome to open a thread and ask away, but please do not intervene in a thread in this way again.

Thread closed.

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.