Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laravel

Options
  • 05-08-2019 8:18pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone is developing with Laravel? Completely new to it and I'm just having a snoop around at the moment. I have no specific question, besides what should be the absolute minimum, any good learning resources out there?

I'm completely green when it comes to PHP and JS, as a point to note before any suggestions are provided. Another note, I got it all set up fairly quick and running on my laptop, which runs Fedora 30.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Unless it's for some personal project, stay away from php IMO.

It's just not in that much demand, have a look at python/django or ruby/rails instead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'd prefer to avoid it, but for the sake of potential contracting work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Talisman

I haven't worked with PHP for a long time but a few years ago I used Laravel on some projects and found the Laracasts.com website a great resource for getting up to speed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If you're new to php and js, what's drawing you to php?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

If you're new to php and js, what's drawing you to php?

A potential employer, otherwise I wouldn't touch it with a long poll.

• Advertisement

Talisman wrote: »
    I haven't worked with PHP for a long time but a few years ago I used Laravel on some projects and found the Laracasts.com website a great resource for getting up to speed with it.

Was directed to that previously and will have a look.

Advertisement