Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish boglands

• 05-08-2019 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Anyone here know which national body is responsible for our peatlands? I visited a local bog recently and noted extensive drainage works have been carried out on part of it and I think this activity should be reported. Not sure if I am posting in the right forum so mods feel free to move if necessary.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Presumably Bord Na Móna?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭NotCarrotRidge

Anyone here know which national body is responsible for our peatlands? I visited a local bog recently and noted extensive drainage works have been carried out on part of it and I think this activity should be reported. Not sure if I am posting in the right forum so mods feel free to move if necessary.
    The first thing is to figure out whether it's a protected Natura site, you can do that by looking get the map on the NPWS website. If it is a Natura site, they will most certainly be interested if they weren't informed.

Advertisement