Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbeque on balcony - new development

Options
  • 05-08-2019 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

Can you use a gas or charcoal bbq on a balcony in an apartment block?

You often see bbqs on balconies

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

You shouldn’t.

What about the smoke for neighbors or the risk of burning the place down? It’s happened recently.

Your management company also wouldn’t allow it i’d assume

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

JJJackal wrote: »

Depends on what your management company say I know some allow small gas BBQ,s any apartment I have rented we were not allowed but that didn’t stop some people using those table top ones :

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Likely to be against your lease. Also look at what happened in Verdemont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

How do you know I often see bbqs on balconies?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hal3000 wrote: »

Seeming them there and being allowed there are two different things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

My name is Michael Paine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

I guess you are allowed a bbq on a balcony - to clarify can you light a gas or charcoal bbq on a balcony?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I guess you are allowed a bbq on a balcony - to clarify can you light a gas or charcoal bbq on a balcony?

You can't guess without checking your lease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

godtabh wrote: »
    Seeming them there and being allowed there are two different things

I didn't see them there though

Why do you think you are? I’d but a larger wagged your management company rules don’t allow it but people ignore it.

Do the decent thing and respect your neighbors and don’t have bbq smoke blowing in their windows or potentially burning the place down

• Advertisement

I didn't see them there though

Were you looking for them though? :)

godtabh wrote: »
    Why do you think you are? I’d but a larger wagged your management company rules don’t allow it but people ignore it.

Do the decent thing and respect your neighbors and don’t have bbq smoke blowing in their windows or potentially burning the place down

This is more of a hypothetical question - just wanted to know the answer. Gas dont smoke alot. Charcoal do

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Most complexes will not allow barbecues on balconies, and it has become a bigger issue following some recent fires. Some insurers in particular are putting big pressure on management companies to get them removed. Management companies don't want the hassle of finding out what type of barbecue it is, they just ban them completely.

Advertisement