Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimated cost to have drain unblocked?

Options
  • 05-08-2019 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭

We have a blockage somewhere.
    My OH is handy enough and would be willing to investigate, but I’d like to get professionals in and get it sorted properly.
    We’ve no idea where the blockage is.
    I don’t know how big a job it would be.
    We’ve a bungalow with 2 toilets, 2 showers, 3 sinks and have made a lot of changes to the house.
    Pipe work was always a bit of a mystery.

Any idea how much we could be looking to pay?
    Would a big company give us a reasonable estimate before starting work?
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Get a set of rods and have a bash at trying to dislodge it. Failing that, you’d get a power flush for about €300.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Thanks for the quick reply.
    Is a power flush what the pro’s will do?

I just have a feeling it’s an external problem, not internal.

ETA-the heavy rain seems to have added to the problem and there’s a smell outside now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

An external problem is probably better news for you. Lift each AJ cover, see if there’s a buildup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Maybe I’ll just leave him to it so.

What’s if it’s a problem with connection to public sewer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

If you decide to get a professional in to do the job Drain Doctor are MUCH cheaper than any of their rivals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement