Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society - Carlow GC Sat 24th Aug 1.30PM

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Have to do a last minute drop out guys, apologies for the late notice.

Qualified in a pretty decent position for the Captains prize in my home club (not top, but close enough to be in the mix). I thought that the final was on next Sunday, so was going to fit both rounds in, but I got my dates wrong & the Captains is on Saturday. Teeing off shortly after 1 at home, so Carlow is a bit of a non-runner unfortunately.

Was really looking forward to getting back to the place, but I can't turn down a chance at the home club Captain's prize.

Will have to catch up with you all at Dooks (or the day before I'm definitely up for the Dromoland open).

Seve, if you want to PM me your account details I can do a cash transfer for the hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I can't turn down a chance at the home club Captain's prize.

Best of luck in the captains!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

benny79 wrote: »
    I think you might be cutting that a bit fine. First tee is 1.30pm
    be Grand not too far from the course

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ThecHamp26

Lads can I jump on an early slot I need to be back for a family party

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Benny,can you reserve a slot for a mate of mine,he has registered with Boards and his username is The Chap man, H/c 8,he will cough up the joining fee plus comp, having issues with his phone and is waiting to get new one from his job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭benny79

I do up the time sheet this evening. If anyone's circumstances change please can you change your status on teamer.

Time|Player1|Player2|Player3|Player4
    1.30|Ballyk|Golfgraffix|Kingwood Rover
    1.38|ThecHamp26|Roadrunner|doublecross
    1.46|woodyg|gypsy79|Macker1
    1.54|Kilth|BigChap1759|Asimo1
    2.02|Golfhead65|Brian Rossiter|The Champ Man
    2.10|Princess Poppy|Break80|Timgolfer
    2.18|OS_Head|Offaly Medic|A Post Punk|golfnut203
    2.28|Seve OB|Benny79|The Big Easy|Guest

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Any chance of a lift from anyone passing Monasterevin/Kildare/Newbridge? One of these days i won't need one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭jarrieta

Enjoy, unfortunately I won't be able to make it and doubt I will be able to make captain's day either, hopefully next year I will be able to make a few more outings.

Thanks for the awesome courses played this year benny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Hey Benny is the time sheet full? just got the ok from work if there's still space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭SEORG

Captain, unfortunately I have to withdraw. I'm after getting caught with work on Saturday morning & have no chance of making it to Carlow in time.
    Apologies for the late notice.

Kiith wrote: »
    Any chance of a lift from anyone passing Monasterevin/Kildare/Newbridge? One of these days i won't need one...
    Howya, did you get sorted i am in Kilcullen not to far from newbridge.

woodyg wrote: »
    Hey Benny is the time sheet full? just got the ok from work if there's still space.

No Ill add you in instead of SEORG .

benny79 wrote: »
    Time|Player1|Player2|Player3|Player4
    1.30|Ballyk|Golfgraffix|Kingwood Rover
    1.38|ThecHamp26|Roadrunner|doublecross
    1.46|woodyg|gypsy79|Macker1
    1.54|Kilth|BigChap1759|Asimo1
    2.02|Golfhead65|Brian Rossiter|The Champ Man
    2.10|Princess Poppy|Break80|Timgolfer
    2.18|OS_Head|Offaly Medic|A Post Punk|golfnut203
    2.28|Seve OB|Benny79|The Big Easy|Guest

Updated

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Howya, did you get sorted i am in Kilcullen not to far from newbridge.
    PM'd you there, in case you are able to give a lift. No worries if not, i'll still be there.

Jeez sorry never looked at me PM'S seen them now, no problem will bell u now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Have a great day everyone.

Todays Results

1st - Golfnut203 - 35 pts NP - Brian Rossiter

2nd - Bigchap1759 - 32 pts LD - Benny79

3rd - woodyg - 32 pts

There was 4 2's

The Chap man

Golfnut203

Bigchap1759

Aisimo1

See you all at Dooks for the BIG one

September 21st 2pm

Regards

Benny79

thanks Benny great day what a course lads loved it, even if it did not love me, made some new pals today and that what its all about, looking forward to Dooks Weekend, gargle monster impressions by a few that weekend methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Yes massive thanks captain Benny, absolutely loved the course. Parts of it reminded me of Gleneagles and other parts my home course in Scotland.

So many really great holes in a beautiful environment - I will definitely be back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Also thanks to Kilth and Asimo1 for a really enjoyable round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Well played to all. I dropped out for my captains. Didn't win the overall prize but won my class so a good result in the end.

Looking forward to Dooks

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭a post punk

A very enjoyable day yesterday with princess poppy and break 80. I found it tough going Through the front 9 but only because I’m rusty after very little golf over the summer.I got the driver to behave on the back 9 and was in some nice positions off the tee but a few too many duffed shots had me chasing to get any points atall! The greens were lightning fast compared to home and I think we all gave them too much respect within 3 to 4 feet where you would normally knock it in and move on. My only par of the day was on 15 so I had to wait a long time to get any sort of reward:) I would like to play here again knowing where to hit the blind shots and hopefully improve on a poor score, obviously hitting for the 18th green when playing the 9th won’t happen again anyway:) :)
    Looking forward to Dooks next month, probably my number 1 course that I have played ever. I have no hope of making the jug team this year so I can enjoy the Captains day no pressure involved!!
    PP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Played as bad as I have in a long time but really enjoyed it. Nice to see some old and new faces.

It’s a cracking course, great layout with really tricky greens.

Another good job Benny. I won’t make Dooks but hopefully might squeeze into the jug

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Results from last week, sorry for the delay

489718.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I knew it was going to be tough!!

Advertisement