Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical priority housing with the council

Options
  • 06-08-2019 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

hey all
    i was wondering if the Doctor is obliged to fill out the Medical Priority form for a patient,
    i suffer from depression which keeps me from working and i am on disability allowance and on medication , my home was closed by the council due to safety concerns *georgian House

has anyone have any experience with this issue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Gasherbraun

The council consider medical priority in cases where a persons housing situation is directly detrimental to the management of a serious medical issue. In such cases the person has to apply for a medical priority from the relevant council and a GP or similar medical professional have to state how an improvement in housing will have a positive impact on the management of any serious health issues. This would normally include stating how the existing housing situation is impacting the persons health.

I have seen a few people with medical priorities in the last few months and the conditions have included, stage 4 cancer, kidney failure (requiring dialysis) chronic COPD and severe mobility issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,941 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

OP has your doctor declined to fill in the form? Or have you just mot asked them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Reticilum

OP has your doctor declined to fill in the form? Or have you just mot asked them yet?

mrs obumble

i havent asked my doctor yet as i am unsure what to ask

Advertisement