Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boot space for golf clubs & motocaddy trolly

Options
  • 06-08-2019 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Looking at a Kia Sportage, Hyundai Tuscon or Nissan Quasqai but the boot seems pretty small compared to my own car, Avensis. Very much doubt I'd fit a Motocaddy S1 trolly and bag parallel to each other in the boot of any of those cars although I see loads of them in the car park. Do people put the bag on top of the trolly or what, Don't want to put one or the other in the back seat for obvious reasons.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Clubs take priority then trolley with wheels taken off if necessary to squeeze in

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Dr Devious

slave1 wrote: »
    Clubs take priority then trolley with wheels taken off if necessary to squeeze in
    Hmmm not sure I want to be doing that.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BrandNewMedium

Boot space is not great in any of those you've listed, I included the golf gear as a consideration alongside the buggy considerations that instigated our last car search. Ended up with a Peugeot 5008 which ticks all the boxes.

Failing that you're looking at either dismantling the buggy somewhat each trip (wheels off) or you can usually save a bit of space by taking driver and woods out of the bag and putting those on the back seat, which avoids dragging dirt into the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭blackwhite

I've a VW Tiguan (new version) and can fit bag and buggy - has similar boot space to those you've mentioned. Bag goes in diagonally, and buggy fits into the space on one corner with gear/shoe bag into the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Dr Devious wrote: »
    Hmmm not sure I want to be doing that.:(

What’s the problem. Wheels are quick release, it takes a couple of seconds

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    What’s the problem. Wheels are quick release, it takes a couple of seconds

You’re probably right, just did it once when I bought it ever since it’s in and out of the boot with the wheels on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

blackwhite wrote: »
    I've a VW Tiguan (new version) and can fit bag and buggy - has similar boot space to those you've mentioned. Bag goes in diagonally, and buggy fits into the space on one corner with gear/shoe bag into the other.

My A4 Avant is the same. Loads of boot space of you pack it correctly.
    Best I’ve ever had for bringing few golf bags / trollies was a Santa Fe. Some pile of dirt of a car though.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    My A4 Avant is the same. Loads of boot space of you pack it correctly.
    Best I’ve ever had for bringing few golf bags / trollies was a Santa Fe. Some pile of dirt of a car though.

Full back row in Tiguan can be moved forward approx 4-5 inches as well. Makes a big difference if trying to fit anything bigger in (maybe a broom putter :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭slingerz

I get my Powakaddy and golf bag into the boot of a focus. just unclip the wheels and you save yourself a load of space

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

I ruled out those cars when renewing last time and ended up with a Rav 4 ..... loads of space and easy loading. Its only a matter of upgrading next time as it can take 3 golfers, bags, trolleys and holdalls without hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moycullen14

Audi Avant A6. 4 people + 4 golf bags in travel cases + luggage for a week. What a car!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

You are spoilt with the Avensis...I had an old one and it was a dream for clubs...on an A6 now and its also good, couldnt be dealing with taking out drivers etc.
    Tour bag goes in horizontally and trolly behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

VW Touareg. Absolutely acres of space for multiple bags and trollies without need to take out drivers either.

I could probably get the trolley in standing up with bag on :D

GreeBo wrote: »
    You are spoilt with the Avensis...I had an old one and it was a dream for clubs...on an A6 now and its also good, couldnt be dealing with taking out drivers etc.
    Tour bag goes in horizontally and trolly behind it.

I'd like to see you trying to close the boot with it in vertically :p

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

blackwhite wrote: »
    I'd like to see you trying to close the boot with it in vertically :p

:rolleyes:

widthways rather than lengthways then! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Audi Avant A6. 4 people + 4 golf bags in travel cases + luggage for a week. What a car!

Have a6 Estate as well. Amazing boot space.

And still no word from anyone with a Tucson or Sportage.:(:(:mad::mad::eek:

And still no word from anyone with a Tucson or Sportage.:(:(:mad::mad::eek:

Father-in-law has a Tuscon.
    He generally goes with the bag across the back seat - but I don't know if he's tried to fit all in the boot or not. He has a relatively bulky trolley, so not sure if it'd all fit with a smaller trolley or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Herself has a Tucson. Clubs and trolley in no bother, can put em in and take a pic if ya want

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Dr Devious wrote:
    And still no word from anyone with a Tucson or Sportage.

Changed my Mondeo last year. Was looking at Tuscon, Peugeot 3008 type suvs etc. None of them fitted the bill - simply not enough boot space, so I went for new Mondeo again. Massive boot space. I never take the gear out of it.

• Advertisement

Redriddick wrote: »
    Herself has a Tucson. Clubs and trolley in no bother, can put em in and take a pic if ya want

Redriddick, please do. I have a motocaddy s1 trolly and bag, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭techdiver

Octavia has the best boot space. Clubs and trolley no issue. Could even get 2 of each in if you remove the wheels.

techdiver wrote: »
    Octavia has the best boot space. Clubs and trolley no issue. Could even get 2 of each in if you remove the wheels.

the Octavia isn't even Skodas biggest car so that is a bit of a silly statement to make

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Octavias are known for their boot space. For the size car that it is it's absolutely massive. More than many bigger cars. Bigger car != bigger boot. As the OP confirms with all these big SUVs you couldn't even fit golf gear in.
    So not that silly....

Octavias are known for their boot space. For the size car that it is it's absolutely massive. More than many bigger cars. Bigger car != bigger boot. As the OP confirms with all these big SUVs you couldn't even fit golf gear in.
    So not that silly....

Well it was actually. For starters a superb has a bigger boot. Same brand, bigger car, bigger boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Ok, I don't know the superb.

Friend of mine has one of those SanYong jeeps. Nicer car than I expected. Its a Korean car on a Merc GL chassis/engine/etc. It feels a bit cheaper than a Merc but drives like a dream. It takes a full four ball with bags and trolleys. We've done it twice. The room in the back of that is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Redriddick, please do. I have a motocaddy s1 trolly and bag, thanks.

Pic attached. Motocaddy s3 and bag

Advertisement