Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you explain my bill? - Vodafone

Options
  • 06-08-2019 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,

I moved from three to vodafone 2 weeks ago, through carphone warehouse.

So i went for huawei p30 + free watch on 40€ month plan. Payed 50€. For the phone i thought great deal and was so happy.

The sales assistant made a mistake and thought i wanted to go for 60€ a month. I told him that i asked for a 40€ so he said he changed it on the system. So thats all grand.

Now i checked my Vodafone app and my bill is due 100€ what??? Where? You expect me to pay 100€ for 2 weeks of usage?

I contacted Vodafone through chat and they told me that i used services from 1st of july... When i had bought the phone on 28th july. How is this fair? Where is the 100€ coming from?

I budget my money every month and im unable to pay it as i was not made aware of any hidden charges. I was told my contract is 40€ a month.

What a let down by vodafone. Can i cancel the contract?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

There's a €40 (Red Connect Essentials) plan and a €60 (Red Connect) plan in there - you shouldn't be paying for both surely? Do you have two numbers on the account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

There seems to be two plans there. The €32.52 plus VAT is your €40. The other plus VAT is the €60 plan.
    Get on to them and ask why there are two plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Pecarlo1

xebec wrote: »
    There's a €40 (Red Connect Essentials) plan and a €60 (Red Connect) plan in there - you shouldn't be paying for both surely? Do you have two numbers on the account?
    Nop, one number...

Why m i paying for the full month of july is another one i dont get.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Pecarlo1 wrote: »
    Why m i paying for the full month of july is another one i dont get.
    You're not, you're paying for the full month of August ("1 Aug to 31 Aug"). However, it does look like they have assigned two plans to the same account on their system, so you need to get them to remove the Red Connect one, and keep the Essentials one

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement

Sorted lads, got on the customer service on the phone and got it sorted for me.

I panicked as i was on the webchat earlier and they said that is my correct bill for the month of july.

Wont be wasting my time next time, contact customer service instead.

Id say be wide in getting the deal as it seems they want to push the 60€ plan.

Thanks for all replys

Advertisement