Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postage

Options
  • 06-08-2019 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the right thread. But what is the cheapest way of posting within Ireland? I don’t care about speed, just want the cheapest method. I’ve been using An Post up until now but feel like it’s very expensive lately, any advise?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What size of items?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mystery666

What size of items?
    It can vary, but normally very small items, eg. Headphones Book etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 A Teddy bear

Mystery666 wrote: »
    Hi, I’m not sure if this is the right thread. But what is the cheapest way of posting within Ireland? I don’t care about speed, just want the cheapest method. I’ve been using An Post up until now but feel like it’s very expensive lately, any advise?

Thanks.

An post don't do an economy service. Fastway Couriers might be an option for you

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Couriers forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

An post don't do an economy service. Fastway Couriers might be an option for you

Fastway will bring nothing but heartache.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Worst courier shower in the country. Terrible service

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mystery666

Thanks for the replies. So the only other option is fastway, which everyone else things is a terrible service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

An post will post anything up to 20kg for around 8/9 euros, depending if you want insurance or not, if you book via parcel2go.com/ie

Warning however it’s a great service if nothing goes wrong, it is traceable and usually delivers within 24/48 hours.

Parcel2go’s customer service is shocking though, like parcel motel, great until you need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭9935452

An post will post anything up to 20kg for around 8/9 euros, depending if you want insurance or not, if you book via parcel2go.com/ie

Warning however it’s a great service if nothing goes wrong, it is traceable and usually delivers within 24/48 hours.

Parcel2go’s customer service is shocking though, like parcel motel, great until you need them.

Ive had a few things go missing with parcelmotel and found their customer service very good.
    Found things quick. Always phoned back when they said.
    Adresspall is one id never use again.
    Between lost parcels broken items and parcels sent to the wrong place, im surprised i ever got anything through them .

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

I've used parcelmotel to send to other parcelmotel customers, as well as to private addresses - much cheaper than the post office & trackable from the time it goes into the locker. Worked for me with the few bits I was selling at the time!

• Advertisement
Advertisement