Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Default 3 years ago on credit check - mortgage application

Options
  • 06-08-2019 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

I'm going through a joint mortgage application at the moment with my partner. She has always lived here and i officially moved here 10 months ago (she has perfect credit)

We have been given a mortgage AIP which has the the requirements for what it needs to progress to the full offer.

Part of it requires a full UK credit check because of my past. The problem is that in 2016 i had a default with a credit card company for £1800 (settled) and with BT internet (not sure how but £12).

It has been over 37 months since the last payment issue and the rest of my credit rating is green ticks all around but the rating has taking a battering due to what happened years ago.

Does anyone have an input on how this is usually viewed etc? I know it's a waiting game but now i'm paranoid it's ruined it all.

Thanks

Advertisement